Guitar Hero

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Sleazer
megatron

Re: Nirvana members dismayed by 'Guitar Hero 5'!

Post by Sleazer »

What a pair of whiny douche bags.
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

Still not as whiny as Cobain himself was. Damn, what a pussy.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Best part is Courtney Love claiming this was without her permission, despite all sorts of pre-release stuff that pretty clearly proves otherwise.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Re: Guitar Hero

Post by vynsane »

so, we finally opened the GH:WT box. i'm having fun with it. there's a HUGE jump in the skillz needed between 'easy' and 'medium', tho i got 88% this morning on 'are you gonna go my way' on medium, full speed.

i also immediately downloaded 'the touch'.

one of the coolest things i've found is that the GH:WT guitar is backwards-compatible with all other previous (and i presume future) GH games AND the guitar, drums and mic are compatible with beatles rockband! (tho i still really want a special edition beatles guitar...)

EDIT: also, i KNEW i had come up with some great band names here... now to edit the profile when i get home from work...
Life is short. STUNT IT!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

so i get home from work last night and my wife's been playing GH:WT for like, 3.5hrs at that point. we play a little longer, have dinner, put the little one to bed and continue to play until 1am. all told she clocked 9hrs. i finally have a game she actively WANTS to play with me. i thought it would be mariokart, but she won't invest the time to get better at it and complains that she always looses.

we've had a little trouble with the guitar controller registering strums when we haven't touched the bar. anyone else experience this? i did some research and it seems like a legit problem that they had. if we disconnect then reconnect the neck it takes care of it for a while. i've read that the GH5 guitar is re-engineered to assuage problems of this nature. anyone care to testify to that? also, the GH5 guitar works with GH:WT, yes? and the beatles: rock band?
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky

Post by anarky »

I've had that problem, but hadn't even looked for info on it. We've got two guitars, and I use the other (a standard one we got during the Circuit City clearances, which turned out to be an Aerosmith one even though the packaging didn't indicate this, but it clearly was unopened). Nice to know it's not just a screwy guitar, and I'll try the neck thing and see if that works.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

anarky wrote:I'll try the neck thing and see if that works.
Thats what she said.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Band Hero track list:

* The Airborne Toxic Event - "Gasoline"
* Big Country - "In a Big Country"
* The Bravery - "Believe"
* Cold War Kids - "Hang Me Up To Dry"
* Counting Crows - "Angels of the Silences"
* Dashboard Confessional - "Hands Down"
* David Bowie - "Let's Dance"
* Devo - "Whip It"
* Evanescence - "Bring Me To Life"
* Fall Out Boy - "Sugar, We're Goin' Down"
* The Go-Go's - "Our Lips Are Sealed"
* Hilary Duff - "So Yesterday"
* Jesse McCartney - "Beautiful Soul"
* The Kooks - "Naive"
* Marvin Gaye - "I Heard It Through The Grapevine"
* Mighty Mighty Bosstones - "Impression That I Get"
* OK Go - "A Million Ways"
* Pat Benatar - "Love Is A Battlefield"
* Robbie Williams and Kylie Minogue - "Kids"
* Styx - "Mr. Roboto"
* Yellowcard - "Ocean Avenue"
* The All-American Rejects - "Dirty Little Secret"
* Alphabeat - "Fascination"
* Aly and AJ - "Like Whoa"
* Carl Douglas - "Kung Fu Fighting"
* Cheap Trick - "I Want You To Want Me" (Live)
* Don McLean - "American Pie"
* Duran Duran - "Rio"
* Jackson 5 - "ABC"
* Janet Jackson - "Black Cat"
* Katrina and The Waves - "Walking On Sunshine"
* Lily Allen - "Take What You Take"
* Maroon 5 - "She Will Be Loved"
* No Doubt - "Just A Girl"
* Roy Orbison - "Oh Pretty Woman"
* Snow Patrol - "Take Back the City"
* Taylor Swift - "Love Story"
* Taylor Swift - "Picture to Burn"
* Taylor Swift - "You Belong With Me"
* Tonic - "If You Could Only See"
* Village People - "YMCA"

I bolded the ones I think sound especially cool, though a few others aren't bad. Some real loser songs in the mix, but I think the good more than balances out the bad. Fuck, "Mr Roboto" alone balances out all the Taylor Swift and Hillary Duff shit.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

is that all of them? seems slim compared to WT...
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky

Post by anarky »

I thought it was complete, but it appears it's not. There are at least 65 tracks in the game, and a few performers appear on the packaging art whose songs aren't confirmed yet (Duffy being the best of the bunch, even though I don't see how her music would lend itself to this format particularly well). It's also heavily rumored that the Spice Girls' "Wannabe" will be on there (which, I gotta admit, could be fun to play in a group--they're one of the worst prefab groups ever, but I'll credit their handlers with giving them a few catchy tunes), as well as a currently-unreleased track by The Gorillaz (did your ears just perk up, vyn?).

Wikipedia also lists "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" as confirmed, so I guess we can all play a real-life Guitar Queer-O. :D
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Wow, that list is so bad it almost makes want to play Rock Band Beatles.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Well, I was going to pre-order, but my wife insisted on taking advantage of that $10-off with RB: Beatles deal under her name, and dragged her damn feet, and now it's gone up $10, so there's no point whatsoever in saving ten bucks and getting it for the price it was yesterday. With the saturation, I figure it'll go down, and maybe she'll order some pice of carp game to use her $10 off.

It's somewhat amusing, though frustrating at times the Amazon jerks around their pricing. Pick a few random CDs and DVDs, put them in your cart, mark them as "Save for Later," and keep looking at your cart at least once a day. The price rollercoaster will drive you insane. For instance, totally at random, I stuck an old Sonny Boy Williamson album (The Real Folk Blues) in there. It's gone back and forth between $8.99 and $11.99 at least once a week for a month, and, today, for no reason, jumped from $10.97 to $18.98. Meanwhile, DDD has had it for $8.97 the entire time.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

a lot of times, if the item isn't being sold by amazon directly but an 'affiliate vendor' (read: ebay seller who got tired of just ripping people off on ebay) the price fluctuates like that because they can set it to automatically adjust the price based on what other people are selling it for. so if all the people have automatic price adjust for a dollar more, seller 'a' has it set at $9.99 and changes it to $10.99, seller 'b' has it set to automatically add a dollar so his goes up to $11.99, seller 'a' goes up to $12.99, etc...
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Got my Van Halen in the mail Friday.
About a month from mailing.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Nah, this wasn't stuff sold by affiliates. Seriously, man, throw about 10 random things in your cart, make sure to mark them "save for later" in case you plan to order something and want to make sure you don't accidentally order them, and check your cart once a day. The number of fluctuations is bizarre. Worse, they stopped about a year or so ago honoring any price changes; something can be $5 the day before you order it, $20 when you order it, and $5 the next day, and you're just SOL.