Guitar Hero

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Slimmie
knightrider

Post by Slimmie »

Congrats. So I guess now that you are done with it you can just give it to me. :)
"America is all about speed.
Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed."
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
Antropov
stormshadow

Post by Antropov »

Slimmie wrote:Congrats. So I guess now that you are done with it you can just give it to me. :)
Sure thing. I'll get right on that. :wink:
:grillmarks:
Antropov
stormshadow

Post by Antropov »

Guitar Hero: 80's Edition (or whatever the official name is) is going to be available July 17th!!! A partial tracklist has been released:

1. Opening Licks
* "I Want Candy" - Bow Wow Wow
* "Holy Diver" - Dio
* "Metal Health (Bang Your Head)" - Quiet Riot (Encore)

2. Amp Warmers
* "Nothin' But a Good Time" - Poison
* "I Wanna Rock" - Twisted Sister

3. String Snappers
* "Lonely is the Night" - Billy Squier
* "Synchronicity II" - The Police
* "Heat of the Moment" - Asia
* "Shakin'" - Eddie Money
* "Bathroom Wall" - Faster Pussycat (Encore)

4. Return of the Shred
* "Round and Round" - Ratt
* "I Ran (So Far Away)" - A Flock of Seagulls

5. Relentless Riffs
* "Play With Me" - Extreme

6. Furious Fretwork
* "18 and Life" - Skid Row

The following songs have yet to be categorized into stages:
* "Balls to the Wall" - Accept
* "Only a Lad" - Oingo Boingo
* "The Warrior" - Scandal
* "We Got the Beat" - The Go-Go's

Guitar Hero III is getting close as well. They released a teaser trailer yesterday showing Foghat's "Slow Ride"
(peep them shits here). A partial tracklist has been released for that as well, and if I had a vagina I'd be soaking wet:

* Paint It Black (by The Rolling Stones)
* Cherub Rock (by Smashing Pumpkins)
* Sabotage (by Beastie Boys)
* The Metal (by Tenacious D)
* My Name is Jonas (by Weezer)
* Knights of Cydonia (by Muse)
* Rock And Roll All Nite (as made famous by Kiss)
* School's Out (as made famous by Alice Cooper)
* Slow Ride (as made famous by Fog Hat)
* Cult of Personality (by Living Colour)
* Barracuda (as made famous by Heart)

Paint it Black?! Cherub Rock?! My Name is Jonas?!?!?!?!?! According to the mighty Wiki, Velvet Revolver also is confirmed to have contributed to the game, but there is no word on which song. This game is gonna kick fifteen kinds of ass!
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

I am so hard right now...
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Snigtad Flornbi
christopher walken
Location: I AM NOT CALING U, I AM CALLIN THE LADYS, NOT U, CUZ U R A FAGG!

Post by Snigtad Flornbi »

yea caus ur talking 2 boys u fag
NOW THAT IS A GOD DAM GAYE ROBAT!!! LOOK A THAT FUCKIN DICK ON HIS HAND, HE PROBLY SUX IT EVER NITE CUZ HE IS A GAY FAG LIEK U FAGGETS!! MAN, U FAGS LIEK ROBAT DONG HANDS UP UR GAY ASSES DON'T U, HA HA HA HA HA HA I NEW IT!!!
Double_G
megatron

Post by Double_G »

Guitar Hero II kicks so much ass.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

How righteous is "Cult of Personality" by Living Colour? That's a GREAT track for a rock game... **opens limewire**

EDITED: It's still totally awesome. 8) \m/ \m/
"Something inside me....."
Antropov
stormshadow

Post by Antropov »

jjreason wrote:How righteous is "Cult of Personality" by Living Colour? That's a GREAT track for a rock game... **opens limewire**

EDITED: It's still totally awesome. 8) \m/ \m/
Agreed. I heard it on the local rock station the other day and cranked it!

Note worthy is the fact that when Living Colour agreed to let the song be used in GH3, they realized that they could o longer find the master recording of the song so they re-recorded it for the game!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Huh. Hopefully they weren't too old to bring the metal. I still remember that guitar dude's funky-ass hair - he played on a couple of Janet Jackson tracks as well.
"Something inside me....."
Positive Boy
bacon

Post by Positive Boy »

You know what would be great? If Guitar Hero included that one song by Loverboy that goes bum-da-da-bum-da-da DA DA DA DA DAAA! I love that song. It is so cool. We shoud all go to see Loverboy at the state fair next time they come through. I can bring a blanket to lay out on the grass and a picinic basket full of goodies.
GOD! That is so AWESOME!!

Eternal Padawan is DEAD?? Oh no!

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

You mean "Pig and Elephant DNA Just Won't Splice," right?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Positive Boy
bacon

Post by Positive Boy »

I haven't heard that one, but I'm sure it is wonderful. The song I'm refering to came out in the 1980s and I think he said something about working for the weekend or starting from the start or something like that. That list has The Go-Gos and Asia on it. I think that is great, too. Asia is underappreciated.
GOD! That is so AWESOME!!

Eternal Padawan is DEAD?? Oh no!

Newsbot
Official anchor of the vynsane 5 o'clock news

Re: Guitar Hero

Post by Newsbot »

Code: Select all

Guitar Hero: Metallica due by Q1 '09

Earlier this year, Activision unveiled Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, the first installment in its billion-dollar rhythm series based entirely on a band. No sooner had the publisher announced the deal than speculation began to spread about what the second band-based Guitar Hero game would be. Along with Van Halen, the most mentioned group was Metallica, the legendary San Francisco Bay Area heavy-metal quartet.

Time to ride the royalty lightning!

Now, talk of Guitar Hero: Metallica is no longer a case of wishful thinking or idle speculation--it's fact. When sifting through an SEC filing of Activision's over the weekend, Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst Edward Woo--associate of the highly visible Michael Pachter--uncovered a gem in the section where the Santa Monica, California-based publisher discussed its upcoming game slate.

"In fiscal 2009, we plan to publish Guitar Hero: On Tour for the NDS; Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Guitar Hero: Metallica, and Guitar Hero IV across multiple platforms," the company said in its report. Activision's fiscal year ends on March 31, 2009, which means that the game will likely follow the holiday release of Guitar Hero: World Tour (nee Guitar Hero 4).

Guitar Hero: Metallica will be the first time a game based on the multiplatinum-selling band--which has become only slightly less famous for its antipiracy efforts as its musical achievements--has made it to retail. However, it is the second such game to be announced. In 2003, Vivendi Games--which will soon merge with Activision--struck a deal to create a vehicular combat game inspired by Metallica's music. Unconfirmed reports stated that the project had been quietly canceled in 2005.

In other news, Activision's SEC filing also confirmed that the next James Bond game, which will be developed by Treyarch using the Call of Duty 4 engine, will indeed be titled Quantum of Solace like the next James Bond film. 
Putting the broad back into broadcasting.
Newsbot
Official anchor of the vynsane 5 o'clock news

Re: Guitar Hero

Post by Newsbot »

Code: Select all

Get ready to jam with 'Rock Band 2'

LOS ANGELES, California (AP)  -- "Rock Band" is ready for an encore.
"Rock Band 2" will be released for Microsoft's Xbox 360, then for Sony's PlayStation and Nintendo's Wii.

"Rock Band 2" will be released for Microsoft's Xbox 360, then for Sony's PlayStation and Nintendo's Wii.

A sequel to the play-along music game that redefined the genre last year will be released first for the Xbox 360 in September, according to publisher MTV Games and developer Harmonix.

"Rock Band 2" will feature a new variety of instruments, online modes and songs, and will allow players to import their previously purchased "Rock Band" tunes.

"With the original 'Rock Band,' the focus was on innovation," Harmonix co-founder and CEO Alex Rigopulos told the Associated Press.

"With 'Rock Band 2,' the focus is on perfection of the experience. We've had a year to listen to our fans and build out the scope, depth and polish of the experience, so it feels like a second-generation band game."

MTV Games and Harmonix will debut "Rock Band 2" on Microsoft's Xbox 360 in September then make the game available for Sony's PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 2 as well as Nintendo's Wii later in the year.

The original "Rock Band" was simultaneously released on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 last November before later coming to the PlayStation 2 and Wii.

"Microsoft has been a great partner for 'Rock Band,"' said Van Toffler, president of MTV Networks Music Group, which oversees the "Rock Band" franchise. "It's just so easy to download the content using the Xbox 360 system. It's evolved into a great marketing partnership as well. They'll really blow it out for us."

"Rock Band" allows up to four gamers to form a virtual band, thrashing and singing along to songs with friends online or in-person on various phony instruments. The second edition will feature a playlist of over 80 songs -- all master recordings -- which will include more female-fronted bands and artists who have never contributed tunes to a music game.
Don't Miss

* Review: 'Bourne Conspiracy' doesn't disappoint
    * Review: Despite glitches, 'Age of Conan' excites

If you've already downloaded a song for the original "Rock Band" -- at about $1.99 per track, which can't be transferred to an MP3 player -- it will immediately be loaded into your "Rock Band 2" song list without needing to be repurchased or re-downloaded. It's the first time such retroactive compatibility has been introduced in a music game.

"It's the No. 1 most-requested feature from our fans," said Rigopulos.

All prior versions of "Rock Band" instruments, as well as many from the competing "Guitar Hero" franchise, will also be compatible with "Rock Band 2." Harmonix will unleash a collection of new instrument-shaped controllers, including a sturdier drum kit and a Fender Stratocaster reproduction guitar lined with faux wood-grain buttons.

"For fans interested in hardware, the second-generation peripherals are an amazing step forward from the first-generation guitar and drums," said Rigopulos of Harmonix, which created the first two "Guitar Hero" games. "The instruments make huge strides in both fit and finish as well as features and functions."

Thus far, over 15 million songs of the over 200 available tracks have been downloaded from the "Rock Band" online music store since the game's launch last November. The catalog includes songs from rock acts such as The Rolling Stones, Blondie, The Cars, Wolfmother, Queens of the Stone Age, Smashing Pumpkins, Sonic Youth and Jimmy Buffett.

MTV Games and Harmonix are releasing 12 "Rock Band" songs on July 15 from The Who -- ranging from "My Generation" to "Who Are You" -- that all utilize the band's master recordings. The tracks will be available for $1.99 individually or $19.99 together. The special release coincides with the upcoming "VH1 Rock Honors" ceremony commemorating The Who.

"Their music really comes alive when you're playing it," said Rigopulos. "We were trying to release 'Who's Next' in its entirety, but we were unable to locate all the masters. So in the face of that, Pete (Townshend) and Roger (Daltrey) helped curate this best-of soundtrack of everything we were able to find."

The official announcement of "Rock Band 2" means the industry's rhythm game rivalry will enter a three-way matchup this fall against Activision and RedOctane's latest "Guitar Hero" title and Konami's new-music-game-on-the-block "Rock Revolution," which will use the Wii's controllers to simulate air guitars and drums.

Playing music on plastic guitars has become a big business. "Guitar Hero III" has sold 2.5 million units while "Rock Band" has moved 1.3 million units. Both music games are in the top-10 moneymakers for 2008 so far, according to the most recent monthly video game sales data from NPD Group analyst Anita Frazier.

Rigopulos wouldn't comment on how much "Rock Band 2" would cost. The original game bundled with all the instruments went for about $170 at launch. Rigopulos said MTV Games, Harmonix and distributor Electronic Arts were making every effort possible to provide several choices for consumers looking to gear up for "Rock Band 2."

"Guitar Hero World Tour" -- the fourth iteration of the franchise that started the music-game trend -- will be released in October and will feature a "Rock Band"-like assemblage of peripheral instruments for the first time, as well as the ability make instrumental music, a feature Rigopulos said won't be found on "Rock Band 2."

"We really felt like we wanted to do it right," said Rigopulos. "We're taking a radically different approach to that problem. It's something we wanted to take more time to do it right. It's actually something we're not focused on in 'Rock Band 2.' We're really focused on other areas related to the music and bringing the community together."

MTV Games and Harmonix plan to announce additional "Rock Band 2" details -- including the game's playlist -- at the E3 Media and Business Summit in July. MTV executive Toffler hinted that "Rock Band 2" will be expanding upon idea of what it means to play online as well eventually broadening the musical genres of available downloadable content.

"I believe we're going to see global online competitions where bands performing throughout the world will compete against each other," said Toffler. "I'm personally excited to open up the genres of music to country, hip-hop and R&B. We've just scratched the surface, really."

What is more amazing:  The Who doing 12 songs, or the fact that there have been 15 million downloads at $1.99 each?
Putting the broad back into broadcasting.
Diabolical

Guitar Hero: World Tour

Post by Diabolical »

The game will be released on October 26 and the full tracklist has been released.
A good mix of tunes on there (good ones, bad ones and some WTF ones also).

# 30 Seconds To Mars - “The Kill”
# Airbourne - “Too Much Too Young”
# The Allman Brothers Band - “Ramblin’ Man”
# Anouk - “Good God”
# The Answer - “Never Too Late”
# At The Drive-In - “One Armed Scissor”
# Beastie Boys - “No Sleep Till Brooklyn”
# Beatsteaks - “Hail to the Freaks”
# Billy Idol - “Rebel Yell”
# Black Label Society - “Stillborn”
# Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - “Weapon of Choice”
# blink-182 - “Dammit”
# Blondie - “One Way or Another”
# Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - “Hollywood Nights”
# Bon Jovi - “Livin’ On A Prayer”
# Bullet For My Valentine - “Scream Aim Fire”
# Coldplay - “Shiver”
# Creedence Clearwater Revival - “Up Around The Bend”
# The Cult - “Love Removal Machine”
# Dinosaur Jr. - “Feel The Pain”
# The Doors - “Love Me Two Times”
# Dream Theater - “Pull Me Under”
# The Eagles - “Hotel California”
# The Enemy - “Aggro”
# Filter - “Hey Man, Nice Shot”
# Fleetwood Mac - “Go Your Own Way”
# Foo Fighters - “Everlong”
# The Guess Who - “American Woman”
# Hush Puppies - “You’re Gonna Say Yeah!”
# Interpol - “Obstacle 1″
# Jane’s Addiction - “Mountain Song”
# Jimi Hendrix - “Purple Haze (Live)”
# Jimi Hendrix - “The Wind Cries Mary”
# Jimmy Eat World - “The Middle”
# Joe Satriani - “Satch Boogie”
# Kent - “Vinternoll2″
# Korn - “Freak On A Leash”
# Lacuna Coil - “Our Truth”
# Lenny Kravitz - “Are You Gonna Go My Way”
# Linkin Park - “What I’ve Done”
# The Living End - “Prisoner of Society”
# Los Lobos - “La Bamba”
# Lost Prophets - “Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)”
# Lynyrd Skynyrd - “Sweet Home Alabama (Live)”
# Mars Volta - “L’Via L’Viaquez”
# MC5’s Wayne Kramer - “Kick Out The Jams”
# Metallica - “Trapped Under Ice”
# Michael Jackson - “Beat It”
# Modest Mouse - “Float On”
# Motörhead - “Overkill”
# Muse - “Assassin”
# Negramaro - “Nuvole e Lenzuola”
# Nirvana - “About a Girl (Unplugged)”
# No Doubt - “Spiderwebs”
# NOFX - “Soul Doubt”
# Oasis - “Some Might Say”
# Ozzy Osbourne - “Crazy Train”
# Ozzy Osbourne - “Mr. Crowley”
# Paramore - “Misery Business”
# Pat Benatar - “Heartbreaker”
# R.E.M. - “The One I Love”
# Radio Futura - “Escuela De Calor”
# Rise Against - “Re-Education Through Labor”
# Sex Pistols - “Pretty Vacant”
# Silversun Pickups - “Lazy Eye”
# Smashing Pumpkins - “Today”
# Steely Dan - “Do It Again”
# Steve Miller Band - “The Joker”
# Sting - “Demolition Man (Live)”
# The Stone Roses - “Love Spreads”
# Stuck In The Sound - “Toy Boy”
# Sublime - “Santeria”
# Survivor - “Eye of the Tiger”
# System of a Down - “B.Y.O.B.”
# Ted Nugent - “Stranglehold”
# Ted Nugent’s Original Guitar Duel Recording
# Tokio Hotel - “Monsoon”
# Tool - “Parabola”
# Tool - “Schism”
# Tool - “Vicarious”
# Trust - “Antisocial”
# Van Halen - “Hot For Teacher”
# Willie Nelson - “On The Road Again”
# Wings - “Band on the Run”
# Zakk Wylde’s Original Guitar Duel Recording

Even more Ozzy and 3 Tool songs? *sigh* They could have at least picked good Tool songs like Sober or Prison Sex.

And La Bamba? Seriously?
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.