They Do Move In Herds...The JP Topic.

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

They Do Move In Herds...The JP Topic.

Post by Tom Foolery »

Every other major film franchise has its own thread Topic on here, so why not the Park?

A new short film by Colin Trevorrow before JWorld3 comes out next year.

"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: They Do Move In Herds...The JP Topic.

Post by jjreason »

I think they keep getting worse & worse - but then I only watched up until the 1st Chris Pratt one. Has there been one more?
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Yes. Fallen Kingdom.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I'd seen a lot of people complaining about this, but I thought it was pretty good. Especially the bits in the credits.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I thought it was better than Fallen Kingdom. Especially the second half of FK.
Obviously you’re not gonna get A-list talent for your ‘free on the internet’ short film, but it was a decent little film.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

We finally watched JW:Dominion last night. We were trying to find My Cousin Vinny on a streaming service and the internet said it was on Prime, but it was not. Dominion was on Prime though, so we watched that instead.

About 50 minutes into the movie, I turned to my fiancée and said “where are the dinosaurs in this fucking dinosaur movie??” After taking several minutes to bring viewers up to speed on where the last movie left things, and then spending 5-10 minutes to reintroduce Owen, and Claire. And their clone/daughter. And Ellie. And Alan. And Ian. Then there’s a kidnapping and a Kirkland brand M:I style car chase through Malta and Jesus Christ some fucking HUGE subplot about giant locusts eating the world’s crops. Like WTF? Then by the time we are getting some real Dino action in the movie, everyone who’s still there has so much plot armor, nobody is in real danger. Every time Claire was in danger, I kept joking the T-Rex was gonna show up and save her, then in the final act the T-Rex shows up and saves everyone from the even more evil carnivore Dino with the help of a feathered Wolverine Dino. I was half expecting them to high five afterwards.
The entire thing was a clown parade. They wasted the original three actors’ returns. Nostalgic wankfest.

Fuck, am I just getting old and curmudgeony? I feel like everything I watch now is just derivative crap.

Anyway, we had fun making fun of it.

Ran

Post by Ran »

Jurrasic Park 2 came out while my wife and I were dating. She wanted to see it for her birthday. I'm still a little pissed at her for making me watch it, which she reminds me of every so often.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Robocop 2 was ours. Jodi was scared & snuggled into me even though we were just friends. Thank you for the traumatizing hyper-violence, Frank Miller.
"Something inside me....."