Netflix Original Series

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Netflix Original Series

Post by Tom Foolery »

Netflix is doing a live action Avatar the Last Airbender series. It might be good, it might suck. But I really enjoy the original animated series. It might be one of my favorite mythologies/stories that didn’t originate in my childhood.

My wife and kids were watching it several years ago and I was only half paying attention to it. Mostly I knew of it because of the “My cabbages!” meme.
But the more they watched, the more I was paying attention. And now I’ve probably rewatched the entire series at least three or four times. Love it. I’ve even watched the sequel series Korra a couple times, but it’s not as good. Imagine finding something in your forties that you love as much as Transformers and Star Wars when you were ten.

The M Night Shamalyan movie is non-existent. Never mention it in mixed company.

Looking forward to the Netflix series, but it won’t detract from the original.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

The WB Harry Potter (not to be confused with a Netflix series, just providing info to compare with the last post) is going to apparently be 7 seasons taking place over 10 years. They are planning for it to to be the most expensive series ever, apparently.
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

jjreason wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:45 pm The WB Harry Potter (not to be confused with a Netflix series, just providing info to compare with the last post) is going to apparently be 7 seasons taking place over 10 years. They are planning for it to to be the most expensive series ever, apparently.
If it does well, Disney will announce they are remaking the Original Trilogy as a three season TV series and re-cast Han, Luke, and Leia.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Ran

Post by Ran »

Tom Foolery wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:12 am
jjreason wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:45 pm The WB Harry Potter (not to be confused with a Netflix series, just providing info to compare with the last post) is going to apparently be 7 seasons taking place over 10 years. They are planning for it to to be the most expensive series ever, apparently.
If it does well, Disney will announce they are remaking the Original Trilogy as a three season TV series and re-cast Han, Luke, and Leia.
It seems inevitable. That way they can change a few things to make Episodes 7-9 make sense. The question is do we discuss it in the Star Wars thread, or in the Pathetic Remakes of Shit thread.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

That will make me very, very sad.
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Lots of free time, I watched a couple new shows on Netflix.

3 Body Problem. 8 episodes. The first episode had me intrigued. By the time I got to the incident in the Panama canal in episode 5, I was screaming ‘what the fuck??’ and by episode seven when Will is pushing the buttons and Saul is there, but Jun isn’t going to make it in time I was wiping snot off my face. Now I’m going to have to wait like 2-3 years for the second season.

Blue Eye Samurai. 8 episodes. Animated show set in feudal Japan. Came out in November, but just got around to watching it. Only halfway thru the series, but it’s kicking ass so far. Lots of violence, nudity, and badass sword fighting. The ‘twist’ is pretty obvious from the get go. I would barely say it qualifies as a twist, other than the set up for it being the final shot of the first episode. Peaches.

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Life on Our Planet

Cunk on Earth

Two very, very different documentaries. Okay, documentary and mockumentary. But both on par with that photo of Jewel Staite's ninnies that (I think) DB posted elsewhere.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I started Cunk awhile back. Got a couple episodes in, but like most things it is unfinished. I laughed quite a bit at what I did watch.