Existing Marvel Movie Universes

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

vynsane
master of the universe

Re: Existing Marvel Movie Universes

Post by vynsane »

another tenuous connection can be drawn between MCU and the Blade trilogy by way of Ultimate Spider-man proxy:
  • Fury and Coulson are, naturally, integral pieces of the MCU
  • They are both nearly main characters on the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon. Coulson is even voiced by Clark Gregg
  • Season 2 of USM features a two-parter entitled "Blade and the Howling Commandos".
the connection between MCU and USM is less tenuous. in addition to Fury and Coulson, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Hawkeye and Black Widow have all shown up multiple times. there are minor discrepancies that can be hand-waved like SHIELD still trying to hunt down Hulk (maybe he went rogue after the events of the Chitauri invasion - we haven't seen him in anything since, other than the IM3 stinger). additionally, Spidey teams up with the Guardians of the Galaxy and together they fight the Chitauri, making two more tie-ins to the MCU.

oh, also, Clark Gregg is the voice of Coulson in the LEGO Marvel Superheroes videogame, so it ties all those characters in, too.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

If you were going to do a “Bad Comic Book/Super Heroes Movie Marathon” and had to pick like, say, TEN movies to go on the list. What would they be?

My top 2 are Batman&Robin and Spider-Man 3.
CatWoman with Halle Berry is probably on there.
Fant4stic is low hanging fruit.
Either Superman III or IV:QfP
Maybe Green Lantern.
Either of the Ghost Riders, but probably the second one.
I haven’t seen The Phantom or The Shadow since they came out, but I remember Shadow in particular being pretty cheeseball.
The 90’s Captain America movie.
One might make the argument for BvsS.
I’ve never seen Jonah Hex, but I’m told it was pretty bad.

Thoughts?
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

What about the Dolph Lundgren Punisher from 1989? Haven't seen it in forever.
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

The Jessica Alba FF & FF2 are awfulsome. Not sure if they make the list, or if they did exactly where to place them.
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I don’t know if they’d make my top ten worst. I think they were fine given the budget and expectations at the time. I think I watched one or both of them on Netflix or Hulu a couple years ago and they hadn’t aged well compared to what we are getting from the MCU now, but they aren’t atrocious. Ten minutes of live action Silver Surfer is enough to bump it out of contention.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”