Me Grimlock like!

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Transformers: The Game

Post by Ran »

Here is the preview for the Transformers Game due out this summer. Since my PS2 has eaten a big poop sandwich, and it isn't being released for PC or Gamecube, I probably won't play it. They compared it to Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/763/763524p1.html
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

Fuck the game, who shoved the shit diaper into your PS2?
Ran

Post by Ran »

My first PS2 had the Disc Read Error. Twice. I sent it in and they fixed it both times. I traded it in and bought the newer slim PS2, and last year, it started running really slow. I tried cleaning it, and it didn't help. So, I quit playing it. I haven't been playing video games as much as I used to, so I don't really miss it.
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

Mine is the same as it kept getting read disc error after being fixed. I havent gotten a new one yet, but will soon.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Post by Eternal Padawan »

Why did it take making a movie for them to come out with a Transformers game? They have been sitting on this property for 20+ years.
"Say Jim! WHOOOO! That is a bad outFIT! Whooo!"--Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." --Megatron,Transformers: The Movie
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

They made one for the PS2, but it wasn't Gen 1 characters. I think there was a Beast Wars for the PS1, too.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Post by Eternal Padawan »

I think with today's tech, you could do a fucking kickass G1 cartoon looking game and bring back a bunch of the original actors to do the voices. If they can make Samus roll into a ball and Link turn into a wolf, they can make somebody turn into their vehicle.

And while they're at it, make a Snake Eyes game.
"Say Jim! WHOOOO! That is a bad outFIT! Whooo!"--Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." --Megatron,Transformers: The Movie
Ran

Post by Ran »

anarky wrote:They made one for the PS2, but it wasn't Gen 1 characters. I think there was a Beast Wars for the PS1, too.
I just did a search for Transformers games. There was one on the Commodore 64. Beast Wars was on PC, N64, and PS1. There was a Japanese Transformers game on NES.

I almost bought the PS2 game because it was $15. From what I read, there were only 3 playable characters.

GI Joe hasn't had a game since NES. Makes you wonder why Hasbro hasn't jumped into the game market with their toy lines.
anarky

Post by anarky »

GIJoe had a godawful first person shooter in the arcade. Basically, there were four joysticks. I forget which four characters, but one of those where your joystick determines who you are. I know Scarlett was playable, and I think Snake Eyes, Duke, and either Shipwreck or Roadblock for some reason.

Basically, you always kept running forward, shooting at shit. It sucked.

I seriously think, stupid premise or not, a GIJoe game should start from the idea that Cobra Commander has incapacitated all the Joes but one, with whom he has a personal beef. And he's holding said Joe's girlfriend hostage. Needless to say, you fight as the last Joe, carving your way through every Cobra trooper to ever grace the action figure line, cartoon, or comic, no matter how dumb.

As you clear areas, you rescue certain key Joes (Stalker, Gung Ho, Flint, etc). This provides you with new weapons or power ups.

Oh, and Timber has to be some kind of serious "kick every fucking ass onscreen" power up.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

Have you ever played Mercinaries? It is basically a Grand Theft Auto rip off set in Korea. You do missions for the US, South Korea, Russia, and China. The environments are all destructable and you can drive tanks, helicoptors, get supply drops, call in air support and artillary. Someone should rip this off and take it a step further with GI Joe. Have it so that you can change characters at headquarters to fit the missions or just roam the world fighting Cobra endlessly.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/tran ... index.html

Transformers for PS2- released in 2004
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Diabolical wrote:http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/tran ... index.html

Transformers for PS2- released in 2004
anarky wrote:They made one for the PS2, but it wasn't Gen 1 characters. I think there was a Beast Wars for the PS1, too.
Yeah.

Go watch Blues Brothers already.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Looks like the Semi truck Optimus Prime on the game's cover to me.
Eat it Richards.
anarky wrote:Go watch Blues Brothers already.
Never!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Prime was a truck in almost every version. That's the Armada Prime.

Suck it, Storm.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Oh well. I haven't watched those Go-Bots since I was a kid.