Transformers!

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: Transformers!

Post by anarky »

Oh, God, Megatron is going to die killing Tarn, who turns out to be Roller.

I just know it. I mean, the Roller thing is either a given or a masterful red herring. But Megatron is still self-centered in that he doesn't want to die. So his final acceptance of his fate will be saving one or more of the Lost Light (leaning toward Drift, who's conveniently probably going to make it back in time for #50).

God, now I'm sad.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Sins of the Wreckers 1 came out today.

It's been 5 years since Last Stand came out. And that was when my guy didn't pull the issues for me so I only had 3-5 and had to track down 1-2 much later. So much has happened in-universe I'm struggling to keep all the characters straight. Who died. Who lived. I'm so used to other comic universes having a sliding timeline, I forget TF is basically taking place in real time. Verity shows up and complains about the TFs ruining a third of her life. I don't specifically remember her age waayyyy back in Infiltration but guessing 20 would put her at 30 years old now. That's kinda cool. Jeez. Infiltration. Can you imagine there've been roughly 250 issues of one giant TF saga from IDW at this point. That is fucking epic.

Anyhoo, back to Wreckers; the last page was bitchin' as hell. Somebody woke up. Fuck yeah.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

anarky

Post by anarky »

You spoiled something huge because there's no way I couldn't know who woke up but HOLY SHIT I DON'T CARE, WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!

BTW, Hasbro's running a poll about which "Titan" gets made next year: Trypticon, Scorponok, or Omega Supreme. Any would be cool for the effect on the comic. Scorponok's been a disembodied head forever; seeing him come back and making life difficult for everyone would be good. Omega's been half-dead for a while. And it's been ages since we saw Trypticon in the present, and we've learned he's so much more than simply a big Decepticon.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

IDW is doing a "What If" style series of oneshots called Deviations. Transformers, GIJoe, TMNT and others are getting books. The TMNT book has the Turtles And Shredder up against the forces of Splinter. Sounds cool.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

anarky

Post by anarky »

So, Transformers now share a universe with G.I. Joe, Rom, MASK, Visionaries (which everyone begs for), and Action Man (whatever the fuck that is).

Ummm....

I'm not against this idea. But I am wary. First and foremost, I guess the Joes and Cobras didn't notice when Megatron destroyed fucking New York. But I guess it doesn't matter; neither would exist without the Enigma of Combination anyway.
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

Is that an alternate universe thingy or are they just pretending like these entities have never before come into contact with each other?
"Something inside me....."
anarky

Post by anarky »

Nope. They've just never met.

IDW says it's not a reboot, but the crossover initiates when Rom encounters Ore-13 (a super energon created by Shockwave and implanted on the Earth millennia ago).

Rom and Micronauts are too new to be screwed up. And MASK will debut here. (Wild guess: the corpses of Thrust and Ramjet were used for far more than making a clone army.)

Transformers has been explicitly confirmed to not have any retcons. Meaning the humans are allied with Soundwave's Decepticons against the Autobots. And over a billion died less than a decade ago when Megatron conquered the Earth.

While the humans in TF seem to have brushed off the carnage, it still begs the question why neither Joe nor Cobra gave a shit.

The artwork confirms it is the current earthbound Transformers (it clearly show Optimus, Arcee, Victorion, Soundwave, Sky Lynx, and Cosmos). Hama's Joe is confirmed to be uninvolved. The visible Joes include Snake Eyes and Helix. Which means SE is back on the side of angels. (Hope there's an explanation.)

With this being billed as a good jumping-on point, I hope too much doesn't get undone. But how will people who haven't followed the franchises for decades react to things like Tomax being Cobra Commander (and to that being a title)?

The animated trailer does show SE and Storm Shadow fighting Grimlock. While it does use art from earlier variant covers, it'd be cool to see the current IDW Grimlock (and the Scavengers, of course) wind up on Earth and run into Prime's crew....
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I have a little trepidation at the entire prospect.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Both Transformers(formerly RID) and MTME are ending with issue 57.
But it sounds like they're rebooting one or both next month to align more with these Revolution shenanigans.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I'm putting this here because we don't have a Death's Head topic(that I'm aware of)

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/09/06/ ... the-death/

Check out the comments section where Furman personally schools a snarky poster.

anarky

Post by anarky »

Beautiful.

Senior's style seems to have evolved, unless someone else is inking that. Even moreso than Wildman's. Still very cool, but I like the sort of monolithic look to his earlier work.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Every last one of you fuckers should vote in the fan poll for Star Saber to become the next Prime.

http://transformers.hasbro.com/en-us/co ... C51F996F4A

Seriously, though. This is a contest to see which character will get the Matrix and rule Cybertron in the upcoming "Power of the Primes" line. It's currently down to Star Saber, Megatron, Ultra Magnus, and "Unknown Evil" (who looks like and everyone assumes is Deathsaurus).

This will affect the comic book. We don't want Hasbro's gimmicks to affect the comic, but they will.

Ultra Magnus isn't even the real Ultra Magnus. Minimus Ambus (the current Ultra Magnus) getting the Matrix would come out of nowhere and be stupid.

Megatron becoming a Prime would most likely really fuck up Roberts' epic tale of his quest for redemption.

Deathsaurus in IDW is a brutal and powerful, but otherwise boring, Decepticon.

But Star Saber. Star Saber is a religious fanatic. It'd make sense for him to want the Matrix. And, if he were to take over Cybertron, it could lead to some really awesome stories.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Til All Are One is ending with issue 12, and also an Annual to wrap up the story. Issue 10 just came out. So that's three more issues.
IDW seems to be right on the border of struggling with three ongoing TF series, one set on Earth, one on Cybertron, and one with the Lost Light. But every time they focus that third series on something that's not in continuity (i.e. One of the animated universes, etc) it does even worse in sales.

We'll see what comes down the shoot next.

anarky

Post by anarky »

So, um, the last Visionary conned Joe Colton into invading Cybertron so he could revive his people, and wound up awakening Unicron in the process?

Oh. Okay.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Looks like it was officially confirmed this weekend that the IDW Hasbro-verse will end with Unicron.

While most of the ancillary titles are no huge loss, this means that the Transformers books will end, too.

Whoever made this decision: Fuck you for all eternity with a splintered broomhandle.

I can think of absolutely nothing that can be done with G1 that isn't an enormous step backwards. Frankly, after stories like, you know, the entire fucking last four or five years, the idea of "Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons" is boring as all fuck going forward. I honestly don't think I want to invest time or money into that sort of regression.

I'm hoping that, as always, Hama's Joe remains untouched. But if this is indicative of Hasbro pulling the licenses, as many have speculated, that isn't guaranteed.