What's up with the pathetic remakes of shit

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: What's up with the pathetic remakes of shit

Post by Ran »

I saw Silence of the Lambs when it first came out. I thought it was kind of cool because obstacle course she was running in the beginning of the movie was just a few minutes from my house. It is a real course on Quantico, and my father even took me to run it a few times.

What I didn't know is that they are now up to 5 movies and 2 tv series about Hannibal Lecter. The serial killer genre just isn't my thing, so that seems excessive for one character.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

When I saw they were doing it, my thought was how is it going to be different than the other twenty procedural shows we already have? From what I’ve read, Hannibal isn’t in it. It’s just gonna be Clarice finding the creepy killer of the week. *yank*
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I think it's an interesting concept - I really enjoyed the Clarice Starling character in both the movie & the book. All the attention went to Hanibal but it's worth exploring her story a little further. Will I tune in? Likely not. Maybe an episode or 2 if the pilot is....

----- wait for it.....

.... killer.
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Paramount is dusting off Face/Off for a reboot.

90% of what made F/O the fondue masterpiece it is is because Travolta and Cage are the antagonist/protagonist.

What two current actors could possibly fill their scenery chewing shoes? I await answers.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Ran

Post by Ran »

I don't think I ever saw Faceoff. It came out during the time when I was ignoring the action genre, plus I don't like Cage. Not really big on Travolta, either.

That said, use Nathan Fillon and Jason Bateman in the reboot since everyone already mixes them up.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Ran wrote:I don't think I ever saw Faceoff. It came out during the time when I was ignoring the action genre, plus I don't like Cage. Not really big on Travolta, either.
Imagine both of them at their most awfulsome. It’s glorious. And it’s directed by John Woo. It’s on Hulu right now.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

The guy that directed John Wick and Henry Cavill are rebooting Highlander.

That’s actually a reboot I could get excited for. As long as it’s a proper reboot and they’re not trying to add another layer to the shitty mess that is/was the original Highlander mythology.
The first movie is a cult classic. The sequels were all dogshit. I never watched the show, except for a couple episodes here and there, but they tied the show to the movie with the fourth film, so its also tainted.

Ran

Post by Ran »

I don't think I saw Highlander 2. It came out in 1991, and that was the beginning of my aforementioned boycott of action movies. Never saw the TV show, and certainly never saw third of fourth movie. I didn't even know there was a 4th.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

You should watch Highlander 2. Not the Renegade Edition, but the original, absolutely batshit original version.

It's a rite of passage. There has never been a sequel that so utterly disregards the earlier film, and there may never have been a worse movie, period.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

I googled Highlander 2 and started down a rabbit hole. The first thing I noticed about the Highlander 2 poster was that Sean Connery was on it. My first thought was that maybe it was more of a prequel. Then I start reading that the sequel had tons of continuity problems and contradictions to the original. Then the thing got into the various editions. That's were I tapped out. It seems like too much of a shit show for me to deal with.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

The gyst: they're aliens. They had a war on their home planet and came to Earth. Somehow this never came up in the first, and everyone, uh, I guess acted like they didn't know. It's set in the future, and the world is running out of air. A bad guy comes to Earth from the Highlander planet. Old decrepit Connor remembers that Ramirez promised he'd come back from the dead whenever needed, so Connor just says his name, not only making him suddenly appear, but de-aging himself.

That's about all I remember. It's like making a sequel to Star Wars by using the script to Batman Returns and making Chewbacca be Batman.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

anarky wrote:It's like making a sequel to Star Wars by using the script to Batman Returns and making Chewbacca be Batman.
I'm listening...
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Diabolical wrote:
anarky wrote:It's like making a sequel to Star Wars by using the script to Batman Returns and making Chewbacca be Batman.
I'm listening...
A more accurate description would be a sequel to Lord of the Rings, but using the script for The Last Starfighter...but still have Chewbacca play Batman.

Ran

Post by Ran »

I still stand by my boycott of 90s action films. But, sign me up for the Lord of the Rings sequel with Chewbacca as Batman fan fiction.

I don't think I mentioned this before, but when I went back to college, I took Theater 100. Not my first choice, but I had to fill some requirement and my advisor suggested it.

The class covered various styles and eras of theater throughout history. We went in-depth on was Midsummer's Night Dream. We read it, then watched the 1999 version of the movie. We had an online homework assignment about the play. For one of the questions about a specific scene, I ended up writing about 3 paragraphs, but instead of using the characters names, I used other roles that the actors were famous for, like Batman and Ally McBeal. The professor said she laughed her ass off reading it and actually read it in class. I wish I kept a copy of it.