How I realized I was over Star Wars completely

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: How I realized I was over Star Wars completely

Post by Diabolical »

Probably in Ahsoka.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I thought the joke with Apollo Creed translating everything the little dudes were saying went on way too long.

The Space Pirate king dude was terrible.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Ran

Post by Ran »

Has anyone else noticed that the main Mandalorian characters(Din, Bo-Katan, The Armorer) look fine, but the rest of the group training on the shore all look kind of cheesy?
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I’ve noticed Lucasfilm is perpetually announcing film projects with big names attached as writers, then scrapping said projects.

I feel like it’s been at least ten movies announced and then rescinded in the last couple years.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Ran wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:18 pm Has anyone else noticed that the main Mandalorian characters(Din, Bo-Katan, The Armorer) look fine, but the rest of the group training on the shore all look kind of cheesy?
They all look like kit-bashed Hasbro repaints.
I was more annoyed by the Mandalorian applause - banging their wrist bands together? Liked like something from a cheap sci-fi property.
Tom Foolery wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:17 am I’ve noticed Lucasfilm is perpetually announcing film projects with big names attached as writers, then scrapping said projects.

I feel like it’s been at least ten movies announced and then rescinded in the last couple years.
I'm at the point where I don't believe it's happening until it starts filming.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I enjoyed the Dr Pershing episode & the flashback in the most recent episode. Other than that, this season has been pretty disposable.
"Something inside me....."
Ran

Post by Ran »

Diabolical wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:34 am
Ran wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:18 pm Has anyone else noticed that the main Mandalorian characters(Din, Bo-Katan, The Armorer) look fine, but the rest of the group training on the shore all look kind of cheesy?
They all look like kit-bashed Hasbro repaints.
I was more annoyed by the Mandalorian applause - banging their wrist bands together? Liked like something from a cheap sci-fi property.

True. Can't argue with you on that. The name "Mythosaur" is also pretty bad. They have the same kind of vibe as the technicolor cyborg biker gang from Boba Fett.

I didn't realize that was Ahmed Best in the flashback until I read something online about the episode. How many survivors to Order 66 are we up to? The Inquisitors must have been busy for quite a while.

Darth Maul is dead well before The Mandalorian timeline, right?
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I thought “mythosaur” was the exact kind of name Lucas would’ve come up with. Five year old me would’ve eaten that shit up, not realizing how on the nose it is.

I was utterly bored with the Dr Pershing stuff.

Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Ran wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:03 pm Darth Maul is dead well before The Mandalorian timeline, right?
Very dead. Old Ben killed him.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I guess the “cameo” in episode 5 was a bigger deal to other people. I saw the character and thought the same thing when I saw the animated version. ‘Oh, look, they made the prototype Chewie into an actual character.” I just thought it was the same species and I didn’t realize it was the actual same character.

Also, is the Armorer going to turn out to be some jaw-dropping previously established character when she removes her helmet? I’m so out of the loop on the lore established in the cartoon(s) that this show seems to be relying on more and more.

Ran

Post by Ran »

Tom Foolery wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:12 pm I guess the “cameo” in episode 5 was a bigger deal to other people. I saw the character and thought the same thing when I saw the animated version. ‘Oh, look, they made the prototype Chewie into an actual character.” I just thought it was the same species and I didn’t realize it was the actual same character.

Also, is the Armorer going to turn out to be some jaw-dropping previously established character when she removes her helmet? I’m so out of the loop on the lore established in the cartoon(s) that this show seems to be relying on more and more.
The horns on the Armorer's helmet are what generated my question about Maul being alive.

An article I read today had a pretty accurate description of the Pirate King...a cross between Davey Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean and Pizza the Hutt from Spaceballs.

Seems like Mandolorian and Ashoka shows are going to end up in a variation of the Thrawn books with the characters from Rebels and the cloning the Emperor to tie in the sequel trilogy.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Yep, that's exactly what it's turning out to be. I enjoyed the most recent episode of Mando more than I was thinking I would. When it started & I saw it was going to be the pirates my initial reaction was negative, but they pulled it off pretty well. Now they can focus on getting the Mandalorian band back together for the last few episodes. Curious as to see who was responsible for that little bit at the end.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

Tom Foolery wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:39 am I thought “mythosaur” was the exact kind of name Lucas would’ve come up with. Five year old me would’ve eaten that shit up, not realizing how on the nose it is.
it was actual David Michelinie:
The species originates in the Star Wars Legends continuity, where they were created for the 1982 comic book Star Wars (1977) 69, which was written by David Michelinie.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mythosaur

also, Kuiil mentions them in the first season.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Ran

Post by Ran »

jjreason wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:50 am Curious as to see who was responsible for that little bit at the end.
My guess?
The piece of Beskar was probably misdirection. It was from a weapon because a piece of armor wouldn't have been stuck in the wall. I thought Mandolorians only use if for armor. So more Darktroopers set up by that former Imperial chick and Thrawn? Who else could have breached the hull

They are due for some "Holy Shit" moment at the end of this season, and I imagine they will want to tie it to Ashoka.

That said, I'm not sure the Armorer is trustworthy.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Interesting, Ran.

Truly nothing against BDH - she has knocked a few episodes out of the park - but I was not a fan of the most recent episode. I got way more than enough Canto Bight the first time around. At least they got back on track for the final scene - although even it was a bit anti-climactic.