The Official "I Don't Give a Fuck About the Falcon" Thread!

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

The Official "I Don't Give a Fuck About the Falcon" Thread!

Post by anarky »

I know JJL isn't with me, but who else is?

I think it looks beautiful, and, six years ago, would've been first in line to get one. Now, I'm just thinking that the OTC Falcon I bought on clearance will be so much tougher to unload on eBay.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Antropov
stormshadow

Re: The Official "I Don't Give a Fuck About the Falcon" Thread!

Post by Antropov »

I'm not a fan of it, and not for nit-picky JT reasons ("there's no tunnel leading from the cockpit to the body of the ship!", "there isn't four seats in the cockpit!"). I just can't get excited for anything SW any more. What's the point? Even if I did want it, I'd be less than thrilled about it because I know I'd never find it. I don't understand why there has to be fifty versions of every character and ship. If you don't like the first one, save your money, you fucking retards, and don't buy the goddamn thing. Hasbro doesn't owe you a goddamn thing, regardless of how much money you've wasted on stuff just so you can bitch about it.
:grillmarks:
JON
sloth

Post by JON »

anarky wrote:Now, I'm just thinking that the OTC Falcon I bought on clearance will be so much tougher to unload on eBay.
I'll bet you could sell it today and cover your costs, particularly if it is still MIP. If not, you probably still could. I felt the same way about my POTF2 Falcon once OTC came out. I ebayed that bitch for $120 plus $20 shipping and it wasn't even MIMB. It had stickers applied and everything. I just packed it into the box and touted it as collector owned. I think a number of parents don't want to apply stickers themselves.

Anyway, you are probably in good shape.
KISS MY ASS! kISS MY ASS! I'M THE BIGGEST HATER!!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

I only paid I think $13 for it. This was one of Target's clearances. I never got around to opening it, and probably never will.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

Here is my feelings on it:

I like it. I have the OTC one, I picked up for 10 bucks at a WM clearance. Its fine and dandy for me right now. I am going to get an AT-TE. I rarely buy vehicles, I think I bought more in the last 3 years then the 13 I have been collecting and that was 5 of them. If it is released later on than the AT-TE, say around Christmas, I will think about getting it. Put it nect to an AT_TE on the shelf, I will go for the newer unreleased toy. As of now, its a pass for me unless its a good deal or hits clearance.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

they still make star wars toys? didn't those movies come out like, 30 years ago?
Life is short. STUNT IT!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

vynsane wrote:they still make star wars toys? didn't those movies come out like, 30 years ago?

ZING!
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

You guys can all lick my asshole. Looking at that Falcon is like looking directly into God's face.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
anarky

Post by anarky »

But you're not dead.
JON
sloth

Post by JON »

Did Dr. Evazan 22 ever post pics of his MR Falcon? It seems like that was the last I ever heard from him.
KISS MY ASS! kISS MY ASS! I'M THE BIGGEST HATER!!!
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

JON wrote:Did Dr. Evazan 22 ever post pics of his MR Falcon? It seems like that was the last I ever heard from him.

He probably hocked is comp and camera to help pay for it.
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

I don't care about the alleged new Falcon. I bought the OTC Falcon for $30 and it is basically a spiffied-up version of the vintage mold. It will fit in with my POTF2 X-Wing, TIE Fighter, and Slave I...all 3 of which are basically vintage molds. No, they aren't the greatest, but I like the nostalgic thing. On an unrelated note, I admit that I'm still thinking of picking up the Y-Wing. All the TRU here still have them.
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

I've still got the last Falcon they released (with the 4-5 figures) still in the box. It was a Christmas gift from Mom and I haven't ever had the urge to open it.
This new one, while pretty cool, doesn't really look all that amazing.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Senor JabbaJohnL wrote:You guys can all lick my asshole. Looking at that Falcon is like looking directly into God's face.

HaHA! This post is awesome. Both the asshole licking insult and the Beatle-esque comparison of a toy to pure Rapture.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

Rollo Tomassi wrote:
Senor JabbaJohnL wrote:You guys can all lick my asshole. Looking at that Falcon is like looking directly into God's face.

HaHA! This post is awesome. Both the asshole licking insult and the Beatle-esque comparison of a toy to pure Rapture.
It's true, though. It's probably my favorite item in my collection, and always gets the best reactions when people see my SW room.

Did any of you guys ever get it when it was on sale?
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.