Winter Classic - Sabres vs. Penguins

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Winter Classic - Sabres vs. Penguins

Post by Diabolical »

The All-Star Game sucks.
The skills competition is where the entertainment is.

As for Detroit, Blashill is definitely on his way out. He's a good coach, but hasn't had a ton to work with. I have no idea who could replace him.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I think they left him in there so long because these Red Wings are basically his old Grand Rapids Gryphons. They had lots of success... as an AHL team. If Stevie is going to work at building a Tampa-like team, Cooper would be a good piece.
"Something inside me....."
Ran

Post by Ran »

Someone I follow on Twitter made a comment about the Caps vs. Islanders 4 OT game from 1987. I replied about how I was at that game. Kelly Hrudey liked the tweet.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

That's cool. I had forgotten or possibly never known you were at that marathon. 2.5 full games for the price of one.
Ran

Post by Ran »

My father didn't really know much about hockey, but he still would take us to games. He knew that a game 7 was big deal and we managed to get tickets. After the 2nd OT, my parents decided we had to leave. We lived around 45 minutes away, and at that time of night, there wasn't any traffic. The game was still going when we got home, so we caught the end of it on TV. I think I still have the ticket stubs in a box somewhere.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Bob Mckenzie just tweeted about the passing of Doug McKay Sr. He only played 1 NHL game in his career, which happened to be for the Red Wings in Game 7 of the 1950 Stanley Cup final. The Red Wings won. McKay also won the championship in the AHL that year, so McKay is one of the few people to win both the Calder Cup and Stanley Cup in the same year.
Ran

Post by Ran »

The Sabres' owners executed Order 66 yesterday. They fired 23 coaches, scouts, and managers. Actually it ended up only being 22 people because they realized they accidentally fired the director of IT so they rehired him.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Well I'm sure that brightens things up considerably.....
Ran

Post by Ran »

I don't know what to think about it. The team hasn't made the playoffs in 9 years, so obviously change was necessary. But, it doesn't feel like the current owners know what they are doing. There aren't that many examples of successful teams in any sport where the owner is heavily involved with operations.
Ran

Post by Ran »

I don't know what to think about it. The team hasn't made the playoffs in 9 years, so obviously change was necessary. But, it doesn't feel like the current owners know what they are doing. There aren't that many examples of successful teams in any sport where the owner is heavily involved with operations.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Post padding bastard.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Auston Matthews of the Leafs has been home in Arizona training with their goalie Freddie Anderson & some players from the Coyotes. Today he announced he has contracted Covid-19. Anderson has tested positive so far & I believe some 'Yotes players did catch it.... not 100% on that....

From my perspective, that's the biggest sports name to admit they've come down with it so far.

Spring training has taken a hit, as well as LSU's football team - sports can't safely come back any time soon. Everything they're trying is coming up shit.
Ran

Post by Ran »

The NFL has had a bunch of positive tests, including Ezekiel Elliott, and the players haven't even been to the team facilities yet.

The NHL probably should have just cancelled the season. The Lightning had to shut down their facility because 3 players and some staff tested positive. Just imagine how the playoff results can be altered by one or two positive tests on a team.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

It is nowhere near safe enough to resume sports, as much as I miss it. It's not even safe for the fans, let alone the athletes & coaches. They should have all convened & agreed to give it a rest for this year & reassess in time to start the 2021 seasons if possible.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Congrats, Tampa Bay, on winning the Cup that Stevie Yzerman worked so hard for you to win. It's unbelievably odd seeing them skate the Cup around with no fans in the stands. I'm glad the players stayed healthy.