Man, Keanu Reeves is such a shitty actor

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Double_G
megatron

Man, Keanu Reeves is such a shitty actor

Post by Double_G »

I was just watching "Bram Stoker's Dracula" and Keanu's faux-British accent makes me want to peel my face off. Discuss.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
vynsane
master of the universe

Re: Man, Keanu Reeves is such a shitty actor

Post by vynsane »

oh my god, my brother and i always quote the "it's the man himself. he's grown young." line ALL the time. freakin' hysterical.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

My friends in college came up with a rule: If watching any movie with Keanu, you must add "Dude" to the end of every line he has.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Double_G
megatron

Post by Double_G »

vynsane wrote:oh my god, my brother and i always quote the "it's the man himself. he's grown young." line ALL the time. freakin' hysterical.
Oh my God. Believe it or not, that's the line that made me create this thread. :lol:
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i'm not surprised, though that's really funny!
Life is short. STUNT IT!
BumCake
sloth

Post by BumCake »

my favorite Keanu quote is from the Matrix when he says, "I know kung fu."

homeboy, no you don't. you don't know shit.

i heard a rumor that "Keanu" is Mandarin for "empty skull." is that true?

"Bum Cake" is actually Bavarian for "uteral divinity."
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

He's not good, but I thought his inability to portray any emotion whatsoever lent itself perfectly to his portrayal of Neo. Everything else I've seen has sucked (except for Point Break, but he may have sucked in it - I can't recall).
"Something inside me....."
Double_G
megatron

Post by Double_G »

jjreason wrote:Everything else I've seen has sucked (except for Point Break, but he may have sucked in it - I can't recall).
"I! AM AN F! B! I! AGENT!"

Ring any bells?
jjraeson
bacon

Post by jjraeson »

Yeah, but I didn't think it was bad, since the scene gave me a boner, eh?
Catchiest Catch Phrase 2008

AIN'T THAT THE WAY IT ALWAYS STARTS? A SIMPLE ROUND OF CONVERSATION, BECAME A SHAMEFUL EQUATION, I FLIPPED YOU STATION TO STATION
Sleazer
megatron

Post by Sleazer »

Fuck all y'all haters, Canoe is a great actor, just a jizztastic thespian.

Happiness is being in Bavaria.
UKWildcat
christopher walken

Post by UKWildcat »

I thought Keanu did a pretty good job in The Devil's Advocate, but yeah, he is pretty bad.
"Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. You could see them standing in the amber current where the white edges of their fins wimpled softly in the flow. They smelled of moss in your hand. Polished and muscular and torsional. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery."
Sleazer
megatron

Post by Sleazer »

I liked TDA, it was a fun flick.

I saw Reeves in Parenthood again the other day on HBO or something. I loved that movie as a kid.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

UKWildcat wrote:I thought Keanu did a pretty good job in The Devil's Advocate, but yeah, he is pretty bad.
are you freakin' serious? that ridiculous triple-take he does when the child-molester he's defending is pretending to finger her and shit? just awful!
Life is short. STUNT IT!
UKWildcat
christopher walken

Post by UKWildcat »

vynsane wrote:
UKWildcat wrote:I thought Keanu did a pretty good job in The Devil's Advocate, but yeah, he is pretty bad.
are you freakin' serious? that ridiculous triple-take he does when the child-molester he's defending is pretending to finger her and shit? just awful!
Well, it has been a little while since I have seen the movie, but yeah, I was serious. I think it is one of his better efforts anyways. Or maybe I just liked the movie and Pacino and Theron.
Last edited by UKWildcat on Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. You could see them standing in the amber current where the white edges of their fins wimpled softly in the flow. They smelled of moss in your hand. Polished and muscular and torsional. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery."
Double_G
megatron

Post by Double_G »

Sleazer wrote:I saw Reeves in Parenthood again the other day on HBO or something. I loved that movie as a kid.
You know, I have to correct myself a little bit. Keanu Reeves isn't so bad when he's playing some jackass Valley teen (see the "Bill and Ted" movies and "Parenthood" for further reference), but his role in "Parenthood" would have been forgettable if not for that line "You know, you need a license to drive and fish, but they'll let any butt-reaming asshole be a father."