Big score........

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Big score........

Post by Tom Foolery »

Not a Big Score.

Did a Buy it Now on ebay and picked up one of those proto-TPBs Marvel did back in the 80s/early 90s. It was a Captain America:Deathlok Lives. The guy also had 10 issues of Batman Beyond for $15 and it was free shipping, so I got everything for $22.

Then today I went across the river and found very little at the three shops I usually hit up.
The first shop I got the Batman/Catwoman oneshot that’s kicking off the new Batman event, the chrome Artgerm cover of Catwoman Uncovered, which is a oneshot of Catwoman variant covers, and the Adam Hughes cover of Gnort’s Swimsuit Edition, which is also a oneshot collection of the ‘swimsuit’ themed variant covers from a bunch of issues earlier this year. The Hughes cover is Power Girl wearing…not much. Itsa nice.

The second shop I found Detective 1072 and 1073 variant covers to catch up my run, Deadly Neighborhood Spidey 4, and Devil’s Reign:Superior Four 3 to finish those minis off. Also found Batman:Doom that Came to Gotham 3 for $5. Leaving me only issue 2 to find. And to think I was gonna drop $50 for the set a few months ago. Now I’ve found 2/3rds of it for $10 in the last week.

The final shop I found the second printing of Void Rivals 1 with Jetfire on the cover.

There’s still another show next week.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

The Toy and Comic show turned out to be 85% toys and 15% comics. I spent $72 on 28 books. Mostly $1 a piece but I paid a little more for some Ironheart issues because I brought extra cash and wasn’t finding a whole lot. Here’s what I got.

Harley Quinn 31. The most recent variant issue.
Deathstroke 11. Finished the Nu52 series.
Deathstroke 19, 20. Just need issues 1 and 9 from the second Nu52 series.
Flash 24. From the Nu52 series. Six more to find.
Impulse 89. Just need issue 67 now.
IronHeart 2-4, 6. These were more expensive, but I filled a hole. Only missing 10-12 now.
Magnus Robot Fighter 52. Only seven more to find.
Magnus Robot Fighter 4, 14. Only seven more to find from the ‘97 series also.
Omega Men 25, 32, 38. Five more to go, including the expensive 3rd issue.
Thief of Thieves 33-43. Finished the series.
Venom:On Trial 1. Still need issue 3. And like eleven more issues from all his late 90s minis.

Next show at the mall isn’t until December I think.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

I had a small haul today.
A local comic/used book store had a huge sale. When the new owners bought the store a year or two ago, the place was a fucking mess. They've done a ton to make it nice. Apparently the basement was packed top to bottom with inventory so they had a sale - everything they put out was $1.
There were boxes of new 90s comics - like dozens of copies of X-Men 300 or the white polybagged return of Superman or X-Force 1 (no Deadpool cards) and more. Crazy that they've been sitting in a basement for 30 years.

Comics haul:
Men in Black #3 - the original Aircel series worth about $35.
Sword of Azrael #1 - bought 2 copies. Suprisingly, only worth $20ish.
Dork #1 - from Evan Dorkin because it has Milk & Cheese in it.
Gotham By Gaslight - I might have it, but wasn't sure.
Savage Dragon/TMNT - didn't know it existed.
Gen 13 #2 - once a $30 book. Not with shit now lol
Uncanny X-Men- 174, 176, 181, 182, 186, 189, 231 - none worth anything really.
Gun Honey - variant covers from the semi-recent Hard Case Crime comic. 1 (2 covers), 2 (4 covers), 3 (2 covers)
Lancelot Link: Secret Chimp 5 - from 1972. It's valued at $50, but it's beat to shit and some marker on the cover, but it's Lancelot Fucking Link!

Two magazines:
Wizard X-Men 30th Anniversary Special - pure nostalgia. I have it in storage.
Starlog from July 1981

One book:
Splinter of the Mind's Eye - because I've never read it.

There was more I wanted to grab held off.
The owner said he only made a dent in what was in the basement so he plans on doing this again in a couple weeks.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

The store that had the sale last month had another this past weekend. All were $1 each again.

Uncanny X-Men 205, 224, 269, 275, 277 - not in great shape, but some iconic covers in there.
X-Men -1 (1997) - in a whom because the cover was cool.
X-Men Classic 69 (Uncanny 165) - I want this series just for the Mignola covers.
Detective Comics 579, 601, 603-607, 611-613, 616-618, 627 - A big chunk of Breyfogle work, including his first Batman.
Batman 497 (x2) - the infamous back breaking issue.
Sword of Azrael 1 - couldn't pass up a third copy for a buck.
Gotham Central 2
Rocketeer movie adaptation - why didn't Dave Stevens draw it?
Laura and other stories 1 - by Guillem March. I might already have it.
Jessica Jones 1 (2016 Action Figure variant)
Superman: The 10 cent Adventure
Serenity: Better Days 2
The Amazing Adventures of The Escapist 1
1994 Science Fiction Annual - for the nostalgia. Damn, there were no rules in the 90s for page layouts. Some of that shit is impossible to read.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I feel like Uncanny 269’s cover is an homage to another cover. But I’m too lazy to do internet research on it.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Another mall show this weekend. Got around 50 books. Some were $1, some were $5, worked out to about $2 apiece. Here’s what I got.

Avengers:Ultron Revolution 1-10. A Disney XD series. Got the full run for $10.
Black Panther 16. From the…one of the recent BP series. Still need 14 more issues, which is a majority of the run.
Captain Marvel 128. Finished the Legacy run.
Hellblazer 4, 9, 10, 113, 116, 117, 141. From the Vertigo series.
Legion 1. 2nd Print of the ‘18 mini. “Finished” the run, but will still look for a first print.
Martian Manhunter 1-3. Variant covers.
MST3K 2-6. Didn’t know they did MST3K comics. Came out around the time it got briefly rebooted on Netflix.
Red Hood:Outlaw 29. Variant cover.
Silk 5-8, 17. Just need issue 18 to finish the 2016 run.
Spider-Gwen 6. Missing like four more issues, but they’re on the pricey side.
Superman:American Alien 1. Finished the mini.
Star Wars:Poe Dameron 20. Five issues to go.
Venom:Hunted 2. Finished the mini.
Venom 10, 18-21. From Remender’s run. Need another dozen issues to finish the run.
Wastelanders: Doom and Wolverine oneshots. Still need the Black Widow and Starlord issues.
All New X -Men 13. Finished the series.
X-23 13. Still need issue 15.
And some Batman Fortnite books so my kid can open them for the game codes.

Also found a Marvel Legends Speedball figure for $12.

Not sure when the next show is.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

There was a mall show this weekend that I didn’t even know about until I went to a comic shop across the river yesterday, and they were closed because he had a table at the show.

I spent a little bit more on some older back issues and issues to fill out runs, so there were some $5-7 books, but also quite a few $1 books. It averaged out to more than $2 but less than $3(I’m not gonna do the exact math) per issue. Only found 67 books
Here’s what I got.

Astro City:Samaritan oneshot. Apart from a few of the Dark Ages minis, and about a dozen of the newset series, I have almost every AC book.
Avengers 223. The classic ‘Ant-Man on Hawkeye’s arrow’ cover. Paid $7 for a newstand copy(I prefer Direct Market copies) but it filled a key hole in my Avengers run.
Batman:The Dark Knight 14. Finished the NU52 series.
Batman; Li’l Gotham 6, 10. Five more to find.
Batman Beyond Unlimited 7
Batman Beyond Universe 9, 14. Only need one more issue from each of those Beyond series.
Batman/Superman Annual 2021. Just need issue 20 to finish the series. The catch is I have all the variant covers, so finding a variant of 20 will take longer.
Cable&Deadpool 18, 26. Just need issue 48 to finish the 50 issue run.
Captain America 228, 247, 248, 252.
Captain America:Peggy Carter,Agent of SHIELD. An $8 reprint book I got for 50 cents.
Deadpool Corps:Rank and Foul oneshot. Handbook style with DP related friends, foes, etc.
Deadpool’s Art of War 2-4. Finished the Peter David mini.
Defenders 88, 115, 117.
Doom Patrol 20.
Fantastic Four 192, 195, 202, 203, 207, 213, 215. Only six more issues and I’ll have an FF run from 200 onward.
Flash 46, 48. From the Nu52 run. Only four more to find.
Flash 4, 6-9, 12, 21, 26, and variants of 46, 47. Only eight more to find from the Rebirth run.
Gambit 19. Just need the 1/2 issue from the ‘99 series.
Gambit 1. Finished the ‘04 series.
Gotham City Monsters 4. Finished the series.
Harley Quinn 11.
Hellblazer 142.
Justice League of America 1. The South Dakota flag variant.
Legion of Super Heroes 6. Only three more to find from Bendis’ run.
Metal Men 1, 3, 10, 11. Variant covers from the 12 isssue maxi. Seven more to find, but now I have to look for the rest of the variant covers.
Mr and Mrs X 3, 6, 8, 9. Finished the series.
Rogue & Gambit 4. Finished the ‘18 mini.
Secret Files:Legion 3003.
Superman:Doomed oneshot. There was a oneshot and a mini series and I thought this was the first issue of the mini, so I may have this already.
Superman/WonderWoman 27. Finished the series, except for a Wendy’s promo freebie.
Venom 12. From Remender’s run starring Flash Thompson’s Agent Venom.
Wonder Woman 43, 45. From the Rebirth run.

Working backwards on those Cap and FF runs is probably my new MO going forward, spending a little bit extra to fill in Marvel runs from the 70s/early 80s. I’m also nearly done with all the Nu52 runs. Probably 24 issues across a dozen series, and then most of Harley Quinn’s series.