The Greatest Adventure of all time...

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

The Greatest Adventure of all time...

Post by Eternal Padawan »

..reared it's head on DVD last week. The Indiana Jones Trilogy (Why do all trologies ending up having four movies in them?) is completely and totally awesome. I don't much appreciate the renaming of Raiders, but my god, that is the coolest movie. Every scene of that picture is iconic. From the giant boulder, to the map room, to the Well of Souls...I especially groove to the shot of him in sihoulette as the sun sets while all his arab bitches dig the hole for him. What an awesome shot. And the bonus material rocks too.

Bow down to the kickassness that is Indiana Jones!!!!
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

What did they rename the first movie to? I saw the set at Walmart, but passed because they had no widescreen left. Everywhere else was 10 bucks more so I'll wait for them to get more in.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

It's called <i>Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark</i>.

Y'know what I don't get? Anybody ever take a gander at DVD sales/rentals? Widescreen versions continually sell the pants off fullscreen. Every week. A new DVD comes out and it's #1 on the sales chart and the FS version is like #15. And yet, Wal Mart has umpteen billion FS DVDs and like 5 WS. I don't get it....

Back to Indiana Jones. My favorite Indy music cue (outside of the Raiders march, but this one may even top that) is from Temple of Doom. Right after they break the blood of Kali spell on Indy and she says 'let's get out of here' and he says "Right. All of us." and then the next shot is when he's standing in the doorway with that I'm-gonna-kick-your-ass-ninja-style look on his face and then you get the reverse angle with the one two meatslap sound and the badun flies into view. I LOVE the music playing during that scene. Kick ass.

Also. When they're in the room with the spikes and he says "We are going to DIE." The look on his face cracks me up every single time I watch it. Priceless.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i can't wait to get this, but i am going to, as i hope to get it for x-mas...

however, to tide me over, i snagged the full-body stand-up from tower records (since i work there...) it's in really good shape, too, for something that's been in full grasp of the public for two and a half weeks...
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

"Haha. Nice try, Lao Che."
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

That is the stupiest thing I ever heard of. Why rename a fuckin classic? Why make Greedo shoot first? What the fuck is wrong with people?
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Good question. If I ever find out the answer, I'll be out of a job.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

I love the irony that the only safe place in a room that's on fire...is in the fireplace.

"Please, what is this Junior?"

"That's his name. Henry Jones, jr."

"I like Indiana."

"We named the dog Indiana."

"The dog? You are named after the dog? Haw haw haw!"

"I got a lot of fond memories of that dog..."
Newsbot
Official anchor of the vynsane 5 o'clock news

New Indiana Jones movie titled revealed

Post by Newsbot »

Code: Select all

The title of the new Indiana Jones adventure, now in production under the direction of Steven Spielberg, is Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, it was revealed today by actor Shia LaBeouf.

LaBeouf, who stars in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull with Harrison Ford, Cate Blanchett, Karen Allen, Ray Winstone and John Hurt, announced the title during today's MTV Video Music Awards, which were broadcast live from Las Vegas. "George Lucas bet Speilberg $10 Million he could come up with a stupider title than 'The Phantom Menace'" said LaBeouf in an interview outside the VMA auditorium, "and Steven, who has a horrible gambling addiction told him 'it was on.  It was on like Donkey Kong.'  This is what they came up with."

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a Lucasfilm Ltd. and is being distributed by Paramount Pictures. It will be released in the U.S. and simultaneously in most territories worldwide on Thursday, May 22, 2008. Frank Marshall returns as producer, with Kathleen Kennedy joining George Lucas as executive producer.

Paramount Executives are shaking their heads.  They were hoping this would be their tentpole movie for the summer, but with that title, they are hoping to now just break even.  

Putting the broad back into broadcasting.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: New Indiana Jones movie titled revealed

Post by anarky »

Should've called it "Indiana Jones: Episode IV: Revenge of the Attacking Phantom Clone Menace."
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

or "Indiana Jones and the Completely Unnecessary and Extemporaneous Sequel"
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Zero
the ALL NEW moderator terror squad

Post by Zero »

Why do I subconsciously want to add the word "Monkey" into that title somewhere? My buddy asked me what the new name was and I was thinking

IJ and the Crystal Monkey Skull?

IJ and the Island of the Crystal Monkey?

IJ and the Curse of the Monkey Skull?

IJ and the Kingdom of the Monkey Island?

I swear I couldn't get to Kingdom of the Crystal Skull because I was SURE there was a Monkey in the title somewhere.
NO HANDLEBARS HAN SHOT. FIRST! PERIOD.
NO HANDLEBARS MORE COWBELL!
NO HANDLEBARS GO FUCK YOURSELF™
Ran

Post by Ran »

You must be thinking of "Indiana Jones and the Case of the Brass Monkey (That Funky Monkey)".
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

At first, this title seemed gay, but I'm somewhat intrigued. Still, compared to the others, it IS gay.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
Double_G
megatron

Post by Double_G »

They should have called it Indiana Jones and the Temple of Poon.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.