if given the job of EIC, what would YOU do?

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: if given the job of EIC, what would YOU do?

Post by jjreason »

Lends itself to the Spider-Man Noir character from the animated movie.
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

What If....Professor X was the bad guy? What if he had decided mutants and humans shouldn’t coexist. If he stared using his considerable powers for not good. What if he had teamed up with Magneto to form the Brotherhood. Or hadn’t. What if he’d started recruiting the X-Men to be villains. Who would’ve joined his evil X-Men? How much influence did he have on his young students and how much would it have taken to convene them to be bad? Evil Cyclops? Evil Jean? And who would’ve stepped up to stop them? The possibilities are endless.

This could almost be its own ongoing instead of a single issue of What If.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Jubilee would totally save them all.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

In reading Mark Waid’s new History of the Marvel Universe series, there is an ever expanding gap between specific moments of the ‘beginning’ of the Marvel U(ie WWII, etc) and the ‘current’ events(basically everything after the FF’s rocket flight) that keep getting shifted forward in time. There have been some attempts to bridge that expanding gap, for example John Byrne’s Lost Generation maxi-series from 2000 added a whole group of heroes into the 50’s-70’s that were wiped out in an epic failed Skrull invasion.
I was thinking they could do the same thing with the New Universe characters from the 80’s to fill in the expanding gap. Obviously there would have to be some retconning, like not destroying Pittsburgh, and everything after that. But DP7 could be a lost team of mutants, etc.
I was thinking the Ultraverse could be the 90s gap, but that’s problematic because of the ownership rights to all the characters.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Ghost Roller! The Spirit of Vengeance, but in the style of a 70’s era disco roller rinker.

You’re welcome.

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Would that be Dazzler: Spirit of Vengeance?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Do a limited series about a Spider-Man from another universe. In the Primer caption on the first page(whatever that two or three sentence thing above the title is called; its got a name, but it escapes me) mention that this Spider-Man was assigned female at birth, then transitioned. But then never mention it again in the story(other than maybe if they have photos in the background from when they were little or whatever, or the occasional they/them in the word balloons) as it is totally irrelevant to the Spider-Man adventure being told in the story.

Watch the media shitshow that unfurls in its wake when both the liberals and the conservatives facists find out about Spider-Tran.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Dressing Nightcrawler in a Spider-Man costume and calling him the Uncanny Spider-Man sounds like the kind of shit we would’ve thrown around in this topic if we had kept up with it.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

vynsane wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:21 am here's something i thought would be a freakin' awesome reinvention of one character that's gotten stale and another one that hasn't really ever had too much characterization ever.

make wolverine the new spirit of vengeance.

imagine a flaming adamantium skull! a ghost rider with claws! berserker rage AND penance stare! how could this NOT be awesome?

of course the "fans" of either would be enraged, but who cares?
The newest issue of Wolverine came out today. It’s the third part of a four part crossover with Ghost Rider called ‘Weapons of Vengeance’
On the cover it’s says ‘Enter the Hellverine’ and has Wolverine with a flaming adamantium skull and flaming claws.

It just made me think of this topic, and vyn’s post. On a long enough timeline, everything we came up with in here is gonna come true. Haha!

vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i'm suing.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I am surprised Marvel hasn’t figured out a way to retcon Wolverine into the original Invaders lineup. Logan would have fit in perfectly with the bitchy Namor, Jim Hammond, and Cap all sniping at each other.