The great Hasbro Star Wars ultimatum

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

The great Hasbro Star Wars ultimatum

Post by anarky »

Okay, here's the deal.

I plan to start a thread at SSG, and possibly at other sites as well, issuing an ultimatum to Hasbro:
I'm fed up with the way the Star Wars line has been run for the past few years. I have in mind a list of twenty possible new Hasbro Star Wars toys. If at least five of these are not confirmed by June 2008, I am going to stop buying not only Star Wars toys, but any Hasbro product. I am not going to tell you what these twenty toys are, but if you've been paying attention to fans as a whole, you should have no problem figuring out what they are.
So, uh, what are these twenty? The twenty that people consistently ask about?

Here's my thoughts, asking your input:

1) Yarna d'al Gargan
2) Twin-Pod Cloud Car
3) properly-scaled ROTJ Jabba the Hutt with dais
4) Wilrow Hood
5) Cliegg Lars
6) Beru Whitesun
7) young Owen Lars
8 ) Corran Horn
9) Tey How
10) Torryn Farr
11) Endor Rebel Trooper in Scout Trooper Disguise
12) Galactic Heroes Qui-Gon Jinn
13) 7" Unleashed Qui-Gon Jinn
14) 7" Unleashed Lando Calrissian
15) Lando Calrissian in Smuggler Garb
16) accurate Dr Evazan resculpt
17) properly-scaled AT-TE
18 ) Jocasta Nu
19) Clonetrooper in Red Pajamas
20) Jango Fett in Civilian Garb

Though I'm not telling them, I'm adding Teek, Noa, and Jaxxon, since no way in hell will they make them.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Post by Eternal Padawan »

It took them Eight years to make my Sith Infiltrator (four years too late for me) and even then they made a piss poor, out of scale version.

I'm gonna say you will be having lots more disposable income by next year.
"Say Jim! WHOOOO! That is a bad outFIT! Whooo!"--Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." --Megatron,Transformers: The Movie
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

That's a good idea, Chux.

The funny thing is that of those 20, at least half of them aren't even just what Hasbro would consider "stupid" ideas (like they consider Yarna to be silly). I just find it ridiculous that they haven't redone the Cloud Car yet. I would be willing to bet that they destroyed the mold and they don't wanna pony up the money to pay for a new one.
Sweet berry wine!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

Interesting idea, but I seriously doubt the Fanboys would join in. These are the same people that made sure the Red Holiday Vader sold out.

I bet they have a Corran Horn planned for the comic book packs by the end of next year.

I really don't care if they ever made Wilrow Hood. Sure, I'd buy it if they made it, but he isn't a priority. I'd rather see that gray haired Rebel JT asked about from Tantive IV, Sgt. Doallyn, or some of the cantina aliens.

Tonnika Sisters probably should be on the list. Maybe some playsets like the modular Death Star idea that's been floating around.
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

I am in.
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

Assuming the line is still alive by then, I'll likely be ready to quit as well. It's been going on WAY longer than I would have guessed back in 1995, that's for sure.
"Something inside me....."
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

It's a pretty good list, so I shall now rip it apart:

*Yarna d'al Gargan - I think they will, in time.
*Twin-Pod Cloud Car - but, they've got so many other cool vehicles to do at this scale before then! Like, uh . . . well, they keep fucking saying it so it must be true!
*properly-scaled ROTJ Jabba the Hutt with dais - and hopefully they'll give him the correct number of fingers next time, eh? The main problem with Jabba for me has been the fat flaps between his "head" and his "body" since they always forget those.
*Wilrow Hood - I don't really care about this one, since we don't have any other Bespin civilian figures at all. Aside from the ice cream joke he's just not that interesting visually.
*Cliegg Lars, Beru Whitesun, young Owen Lars - definitely need to be made. Repack the moisture vaporator if need be.
*Corran Horn - EU, so I don't care either way.
*Tey How - they need to release like five of these total, and it would still fucking pegwarm. Neimoidians are cursed, I swear to God.
*Torryn Farr - they could repack that screen that came with the John Kerry figure.
*Endor Rebel Trooper in Scout Trooper Disguise - wasn't this on one of their polls a few years ago? They could just take the existing body and do it.
*Galactic Heroes Qui-Gon Jinn - I'd say wait on the Naboo set, since they're likely to rerelease him either on a single card or double pack at some point.
*7" Unleashed Qui-Gon Jinn, 7" Unleashed Lando Calrissian - didn't they stop this line?
*Lando Calrissian in Smuggler Garb - strongly rumored for later this year.
*accurate Dr Evazan resculpt - they need to do him and an unshitty Ponda Baba.
*properly-scaled (or close to it) AT-TE - just hope to God that this thing is in that fucking cartoon they're all so hard for.
*Jocasta Nu - she'd pegwarm like shit, but this would be a great one to finally get.
*Clonetrooper in Red Pajamas - you'd think that, with all the 9000 clones they already have, they'd have done it by now.
*Jango Fett in Civilian Garb - more interesting than in a poncho. But I'd also like to see an SA version in his armor.
*Jaxxon - has more of a fun, kitsch factor than Willrow, for sure. Just so long as they don't pack him with Don-Won Kihotay; Jesus, was that fucking dumb.
*Teek - they should've done this in the Star Tours line, at least.
*Noa Briqualon - sweet, he could sell diabetes testing supplies to the old guys.
*Akmeena - they said they're not likely to make more Holiday Special figures, after Zutton and the cartoon Boba Fett, but who knows.
*Galactic Heroes Dewback - I don't collect these, so whatever.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
anarky

Post by anarky »

GH Qui-Gon and Smuggler Lando are now semi-confirmed.

Along with a fucking super-articulated resculpt of 4-LOM. Christ, why the fuck do we need a super-articulated piece of fucking set dressing who appears for all of three seconds?

Shouldn't Anakin's entire motherfucking family take precedence?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
shroba fett
bacon

Re: The great Hasbro Star Wars ultimatum

Post by shroba fett »

Oh man, that's a cool list except I don't know who any of those people are except one of them is like Darth Vader, so they should just make another Darth Vader and call it that other guys name Yarna, but then people could pretend it was another cool version of Darth Vader if they wanted too. And the other people could have the Yarna figure. I hope that Hasbro makes all those figures and each one comes with a clonetrooper or a fish guy! Or maybe just the clonetroopers. I think they shiould make green clonetroopers to fight in the jungle, and white ones that can fight in the snow, and blue ones that fight in the ocean, and green ones that fight in the forest. And maybe brown ones that fight in the mountains! And more black ones that fight at night or on planets wit no sun or in space! And red ones that fight in the lava! They made a Darth Vader that fights in the lava but it was really expensive and my mom used a cuss word at the store, so I got a Jango Fett instead, he is like my second favorite figure after Darth Vader! I am mad he got his helmet chopped off and I think that really it was just his helmet and not his head and that Boba Fett is really him and he is using a hidden secret identity! That would be cool!
Would you like a new Darth Vader sculpt?
ANARKY IS A JERK! DEATH TO BEARS.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Crazy enough, five of these are already confirmed, or even already on shelves.

I passed on the GH Qui-Gon. I can't re-buy all the TPM GH shit for one figure.
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

anarky wrote:Okay, here's the deal.

I plan to start a thread at SSG, and possibly at other sites as well, issuing an ultimatum to Hasbro:
I'm fed up with the way the Star Wars line has been run for the past few years. I have in mind a list of twenty possible new Hasbro Star Wars toys. If at least five of these are not confirmed by June 2008, I am going to stop buying not only Star Wars toys, but any Hasbro product. I am not going to tell you what these twenty toys are, but if you've been paying attention to fans as a whole, you should have no problem figuring out what they are.
So, uh, what are these twenty? The twenty that people consistently ask about?

Here's my thoughts, asking your input:

1) Yarna d'al Gargan
2) Twin-Pod Cloud Car
3) properly-scaled ROTJ Jabba the Hutt with dais
4) Wilrow Hood
5) Cliegg Lars
6) Beru Whitesun
7) young Owen Lars
8 ) Corran Horn
9) Tey How
10) Torryn Farr
11) Endor Rebel Trooper in Scout Trooper Disguise
12) Galactic Heroes Qui-Gon Jinn
13) 7" Unleashed Qui-Gon Jinn
14) 7" Unleashed Lando Calrissian
15) Lando Calrissian in Smuggler Garb
16) accurate Dr Evazan resculpt
17) properly-scaled AT-TE
18 ) Jocasta Nu
19) Clonetrooper in Red Pajamas
20) Jango Fett in Civilian Garb

Though I'm not telling them, I'm adding Teek, Noa, and Jaxxon, since no way in hell will they make them.
Looks like you are still in the game. Plus you have the GH JJB coming out in a two pack.
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

See, they really do love you after all. :uh-huh:
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I also added a GH Dewback to the list after posting that version.
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

A GH Dewback is coming also.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Yeah, that's why I just mentioned it. :P