Mr. Show...

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Mr. Show...

Post by Eternal Padawan »

...is the heir apparent of Monty Python. Topical, outrageous, satirical sketch comedy. And well within your budget! Season 1 (only 4 episodes) and Season 2(only six episodes) were collected last year and Season 3 (only 10 episodes) just came out. So one more set (probably next summer) and you've got yourself a complete run of the funniest thing on television in the last 30 years. How funny was it? It was so funny HBO stuck it on Mondays at Midnite and then cancelled it after only fours seasons because it was waaaay too aheads of its time. Starring David Cross and Bob Odenkirk, and featuring before they hit it big stars like Jack Black and Tom 'Spongebob' Kinney. This would have been water cooler talk for sure if everyone hadn't been asleep when it was on. Only one question remains...

HAVE YOU SEEN IT?
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

what i have seen of it i loved... dave cross is hysterical... i might have to pick this up.

he was funny on "just shoot me" as "donny" the fake retard.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

"Have you ever eaten an entire train AFTER you derailed it.... with your PENIS?"

"Yes."
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

So if you love Arrested Development, you would love this show. Basically all the secondary characters on AD (like the two gay cops who were having Julia Louise Dreyfus carry their child) were on Mr Show as regular players. And of course David Cross.

Hard to believe it's TEN years old. Jesus I'm fucking old. :(
"Say Jim! WHOOOO! That is a bad outFIT! Whooo!"--Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." --Megatron,Transformers: The Movie