X-Mutants ( The "all -things- X" topic)

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: X-Mutants ( The

Post by Tom Foolery »

I flipped thru issue 3 the other day when I bought it, but wasn’t sure what the alliances and players were, so it didn’t make much sense. I’m reading back issues more regularly, but I know I’m 6-12 months away from diving into all the mutant books.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Okay, I’m diving into the post-House/Powers of X stuff finally. I cruised thru the first ten issues of X-Men in an afternoon. Super fucking awesome. But I’m approaching the X of Swords crossover and I don’t want to read it out of order. But I also don’t want to read the other X-books out of order.

So now I’m thinking I have to go back and pull out ALL the other mutant books I skipped and catch up to at least the X of Swords stuff. Ugh. Fucking X-Titles.

By the way, those two hotties jjReason was talking about in X-Men 10, Vulcan’s drinking buddies, are Petra and Sway. They, along with Vulcan and Darwin, were the first team of new X-Men Xavier sent to Krakoa to find the original X-Men. The entire team died. They then recruited the ANAD team of Storm, Colossus, Kurt, Logan, we all know and love. So now you know.

Now excuse me while I go dig out like 10 different ongoings to read so I know what’s going on in this fucking crossover event…
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

House/Powers of X was ass.
This iteration of the X-Men is unrecognizable.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

X of Swords was ok. I didn't wind up getting ALL the issues, but I got way more than I had planned. Hickman's X-Men to me was literally ALL about setup... there wasn't much much delivery of impactful story once the pieces were on the board.
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

X-Men Blue:Origins oneshot re-retconned Nightcrawler’s origin story yet again. Kurt is no longer the child of Mystique and the demon Azazel.
Destiny was his mom, and Mystique is his father. Lol what?

And all the Azazel stuff was because Irene and Raven went to Xavier and asked them to wipe their memories because Irene had a future vision where Kurt needed to believe Azazel was his father so he could stop Az from taking over the world or whatever. Insert eye roll here.
Also whenever Xavier conveniently does these mindwipe retcons, he also conveniently mindwipes himself to not remember doing the mindwipes.

So Kurt looking exactly like Azazel with the tail and the eyes is just the biggest coincidence ever now??

I remember when the idea of Mystique being Kurt’s mother was just a lame fanboy theory based on the fact they were both…blue.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Marvel has announced the three new ongoing X-Men books after all the Fall of Krakoa is over.

X-Men by Jed MacKay and Ryan Stegman. Cyclops, Beast, Magneto, Psylocke, Quentin, Magik, and Juggernaut hang out in Alaska.

Uncanny X-Men by Gail Simone and David Marquez. Rogue, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Jubilee, and Wolverine hang out in New Orleans.

Exceptional X-Men by Eve Ewing and Carmen Carnero. Emma and Kitty start a new school in Chicago.

I’m sure there will be other books as well, but those are the three main books to start the ‘From the Ashes’ era.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I will purchase #700 for posterity but will give up on reading it after 2 or 3 pages.
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Claremont is coming back to do one of these new ‘retro’ minis that’s set during older issues. It’s called Wolverine:Deep Cut and supposedly it answers the question of where Logan got off to after issue 246. I’m confused. Claremont was writing both X-Men and Wolverine AND his serial in Marvel Comics Presents at the time. Wasn’t the ‘secret’ mission he left on just his solo adventures in his own book at the time when he was in Madripoor with the stupid eyepatch disguise? Am I mistaken? I’m pretty sure that was the explanation on the letters pages back then. At first I thought it was the Meltdown book when he teamed up with Havok, but that might’ve been earlier in the run.

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Yeah, it was definitely intended to be the solo book. Claremont in his prime was a god, but he's now been a hack longer than he's been divine.

Though thirty lashes with a wet adamantium noodle for calling the eyepatch "stupid." It was awesome. Everyone around him was stupid.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

The Marvel FCBD offering this year was a prologue for Blood Hunt, which is already under way.

The secondary story is setting up the new status quo in the X-Books. The school is now a prison and amongst the mutants we see in the holding cells(I saw Blob and I think it was Siryn) is a giant ass vault holding a mysterious prisoner ominously referred to as ‘Inmate X’. My first guess is it’s Xavier, but since that seems to obvious, it could be anyone.
In addition, Jubilee is shown running a sort of mutant underground railroad with secret hand signals and a badass scene where she slices a bigot’s truck in fourths with a giant ‘X’.

Besides the three X-Men ongoings I already mentioned, the other six launches are X-Force, X-Factor, NyX, Wolverine, Storm, and Phoenix.