firefly

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: firefly

Post by Tom Foolery »

The amount of time between today and when Firefly originally came out, is the same amount of time between the releases of A New Hope and Episode 1.

You are old.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: firefly

Post by Tom Foolery »

I’m labeling it Firefly-adjacent because Alan Tudyk stars in it.

I started watching Resident Alien, which is Northern Exposure + Alien Nation, wrapped up in a goofy Twin Peaks murder mystery. Tudyk is an alien sent to destroy Earth, but his spaceship crashes. While he’s hiding out, impersonating the doctor he accidentally killed, the cops show up and ask him to help out with the murder of a different doctor in the small town he lives in. So he has to take over the role of town doctor and learn to fit in while he looks to repair his ship and finish his mission of destroying humanity. The only person in town who knows he’s an alien is a ten year old kid who can see thru his disguise. Their confrontations with each other are fucking hilarious.

There’ve been three seasons so far, but I’m only a handful of episodes into it.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”