Three Random Thoughts (aka Randolph Mantooth!)

okay i can hear you now. and i don't want to. why don't you go fuck slicker's mom and get out of my face?

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Three Random Thoughts (aka Randolph Mantooth!)

Post by Tom Foolery »

Ran wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:21 am 3. 98 Degrees....Boy bands whose members are 50 are kind of sad.
Similarly, it took me until about the sixth or eighth time I saw that new Progressive Insurance commercial before I realized that was Kid’n’Play…because they’re fucking OLD.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

The guy that played Hawkman in Black Adam was Sam Jackson’s nephew in Die Hard with a Vengeance.

The most played song on the radio(according to the internet) is Every Breath You Take by The Police. I feel this is incorrect and it is in fact Your Love by The Outfield. Because that song plays EVERY TIME I turn on the radio.

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai teased a sequel called Buckaroo Banzai versus the World Crime League in its closing credits. The movie bombed and the sequel was never realized until they made a comic book like two years ago.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

Rollo Tomassi wrote: Fri May 14, 2010 10:50 am I had this morning while walking the dog.

1. You never see Scientology in the news in a positive light. I have no idea whether Scientologists do anything benevolent for this world. I highly doubt it, since it's a business and not a religion (what religions have annual membership fees?) but it occured to me that everytime they make headlines its because one of their members is being a ignorant douche.

2. African American NASCAR stars. I'll admit I don't watch enough of that redneck sport to know if there are ANY black NASCAR drivers, but it seems to me all the "stars" of the sport are good ol' boys and white as a clan sheet. Why is that exactly? I have theories.

3. Randolph Mantooth, star of the 70's TV series Emergency! has an awesome fucking name. If my name was Randolph Mantooth, I'd never play a character with as boring a name as 'Firefighter John Gage' when I had a fucking awesome real life moniker as Randolph Mantooth. And if you ever happen to catch a rerun of Emergency! on RTV or whatever, you can't help but feel the awesomeness of the opening credit sequence when Mantooth, pops not one, but TWO caps off of hypodermic needles and thus is giving a double thumbs up when his picture freezes and his awesome name, Randolph Mantooth comes up on screen. I couldn't find a stillframe of the credits in question, probably because it's awesomeness would blow up the internet.
I've been watching Emergency! on FETV. John Gage has to be one of the few times where the character name is less interesting than the actor's name. (Ok, maybe we should check Benedict Cumberbatch's roles.)

Adam-12 is on after Emergency!. I never watched it as a kid. Too bad they aren't playing C.H.I.P.s instead.

Barney Miller is on after Adam-12. It is surprisingly progressive and way more interesting than Adam-12.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I'm not entirely sure why Escape From Alcatraz stuck mostly very closely to the historical record, but fictionalized the fourth conspirator. But it's essentially the same guy as in reality but with a different name and played by a young Carl from Billy Madison.

I'm not sure how the right-wing propaganda that San Francisco is a literal shithole has caught on, because I went a few weeks ago and it was the cleanest big city I've been to, anywhere, except Dubai, but I don't count Dubai because it's a big fucking amusement park attraction that sucks.

There's never any discussion about which Disney cartoon is the most well-endowed, because everyone knows Goofy has a 36-inch monster cock.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Phil from Hercules is packin’.

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I remember the coverage in Wizard and other geek culture magazines when John Kricfalusi was fired from Ren & Stimpy, going on about how unfair it was to John K, and they were particularly harsh on Billy West for taking over as Ren's voice since he was utterly talentless. That was amazingly prescient; fast forward to 2024, and we all know how John Kricfalusi is one of the most highly regarded names in animation (especially after starring on Futurama for so long) and Billy West is a disgraced, publicly outed pedophile who tried a few more shots at cartoons, all of which sucked more ass than Uncle Rodger on Boxing Day.

I make playlists for my kids to expose them to musical artists who get insufficient (or the wrong sort of) radio play. This led me to listening to Sheryl Crow's first three albums and all b-sides and soundtrack/tribute album contributions from that time. You don't normally think of her as a great musician, but she had a fucking impressive run in the 90s. Hall of Fame material? In a perfect world, without the ridiculous artificial limitations on how many can be nominated and inducted, yes. But in our world, before [insert name of pretty much any band, particularly if they're hard rock, metal, or prog]? Fuck no.

In case anyone is still wondering after all these years, Jonathan is still gay. Oyes. :beard:
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

anarky wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:41 pm In case anyone is still wondering after all these years, Jonathan is still gay. Oyes. :beard:
I kind of forgot the backstory on OYES until I saw this post. You can see the water tower I first witnessed the "Jonathan is Gay" from my current jobsite.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

How to start an awkward conversation at work: ‘You never see the kid from SeaQuest DSV in anything anymore…’

I was watching a show called Sliders and waiting for them to begin enjoying delicious bite-sized hamburgers. It never happened.

In like 30-40 years, all the kids from Gen-A and Gen-B will be adults in charge of the studios and we will be getting multi-million dollar franchises based off YouTubers, TikTok, and memes. Or they’ll be rebooting The Godfather.

Ran

Post by Ran »

On my way home from work, I noticed that someone put a sign on the chain link fence on top of an overpass. It said "Jesus or Hell". Since I was on the highway, in traffic, going 10 mph, I had time to look and think about it. I'd like to go back to that overpass and put another sign under it saying "Only a Sith deals in absolutes."

We were watching tv and a commercial came on for a new Dora the Explorer series. 18-year old daughter noticed that they changed Dora's look and asked why they are drawing her different. I told her that's how it works, they will take the shows she grew up with and make changes to them for new series.

I finally saw the trailer for Twisters today. Is it a sequel, a remake, or a truck commercial? I can already tell I won't like it.