So, what toys did you buy or get this week?

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: So, what toys did you buy or get this week?

Post by Tom Foolery »

I did not ‘buy or get’ them this week, but I finally freed my MattyCollector Ghostbusters from their plastic prisons today. They’d been sitting on top shelves, then in storage, then sitting in the front room for like what? 13 or 14 years? I was debating whether it was worth keeping them carded, but looking on ebay and such, they haven’t appreciated in value enough that I wouldn’t just enjoy them more finally being out and displayed.

Ray’s leg is at a weird angle due to how he was in the package, and I can’t tell if the joint where his boot meets his shin below the knee joint is movable. I don’t want to press it too hard and have it snap off, so he’s just standing awkwardly. Ray also came with the Ghostbuster “logo” on a clear stand that is 3D and I think it glows in the dark.
Egon came with a Slimer on a clear stand. He’s got some articulation in his arms but his shoulders make it virtually impossible to move his arms anywhere but where they are.
Winston came with a GhostTrap, but its so light, the cable between the trap and the footpedal thing makes it so neither will lay flat on the ground. It’s got a removable energy “bowl” and the trap part closes, so It looks nice but its not very functional. Also I doubt he’d stand very well if one foot was raised up on the footpedal.
Venkman has a cool energy discharge that attaches to the end of his accelerator wand and it doesn’t affect his balance, so thats cool. But if I’m displaying all four of them, not sure if I want one guy with energy and three without. He also is the only one with a base to stand on.
Winston and Egon have the best head sculpts. Venkman’s is okay. Ray looks a little off. Like they tried to make him thinner than he was in the film.

Overall, I’m pleased with my decision to open them up. Eventually I’ll put them up on my Ikea floating shelf with all my other “movie” action figures that’s above the doorway between the living and dining room(yes, I’m displaying action figures in my dining room. Because my wife is awesome) but I’m gonna leave them down for a little while to enjoy them more.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.45 MiB) Viewed 668 times
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

A box of figures I ordered a few months ago finally showed up. 6" Emperor's Guard & R2-D2 with Sensorscope join my oversized vintage collection which I think is now complete as far as Imperials go. I would get a gunner & dignitary if they made them, but it seems unlikely.

I also got TVC Director Krennic to replace my Rogue One version with the plastic cloak & to have the picture card.

Lastly I got Lowlight & Cobra Commander (dark blue uniform) from the Classified line.

EDITED: the very expensive Krennic TVC figure has.... a fucking plastic cloak. I don't know if the card alone is going to be enough for me to keep this figure. Piss me off.
"Something inside me....."
Ran

Post by Ran »

Got the Vintage carded Tusken Raider, Death Star Gunner, and Endor Luke. Also got the Hot Wheels Millennium Falcon and Boba Fett's ship.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Classified Mutt with Junkyard. It really does one of my favorite vintage figure(s) justice.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Stopped by a Ross store yesterday. They've been getting a lot of figures for $5.99.
Grabbed a GI Joe Bazooka, and Black Series Axe Woves and Aayla Secura.

They've also been getting in the $150ish lightsabers, but I haven't seen them.
Not long ago people were finding Rey's and very recently finding Leia's for $39.99 each.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Classified Airborne. He's fucking amazing - and really honestly this one would have been impossible to fuck up. Really hoping we get Ripcord soon.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I quit.

No, really. I did. All the figures kept getting more and more expensive, and I have such a huge mass of shit in the garage and attic that's never been opened.

But then I found Tomax and Xamot at Ross a few months ago for about $6 apiece, and decided I'd be extremely selective. Meaning sticking mostly to markdowns, and only getting Cobras, droids, major SW characters, and Transformers who've never been properly immortalized in plastic.

I've mostly stuck to it; giving myself some rules actually allows more freedom. Like when I see Snake Eyes for $8 at Ross, I have to think, "Do I really want Snake Eyes if I'm only collecting Cobras?" (Usually, if I get that far, the answer is "Fuck yes!" but surprisingly few figures are even making it to that point.) I think the Snake Eyes is the only exception I've made, and on the latter two, I've only gotten Studio Series Brawn, Mara Jade, Sabine Wren, and Black Krrrsantan (the latter only because he was on clearance and it made sense since I had Aphra and the two murderdroids).

I may have to rethink the Cobras, though. Hasbro's really pumping them out. Though I suspect this line won't last long enough for it to constitute a problem, since Hasbro simply cannot keep a Joe line alive.

Not constantly hunting did result in me missing out on that sweet battle-damaged Vader, but he'll probably be reissued since he's the only 6" Hasbro figure in that last few years to not wind up on clearance.

I would've totally have bought Hashibira Inosuke, except why the fuck did fucking McFarlane make him without his boar head? Fuck you, Todd. Go play with your fucking baseball and suck a dick.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!