LEGO!

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: LEGO!

Post by Ran »

I wondered how those all looked displayed together. Cool how you snuck the Sesame Street set in with the rest of it. It reminded me of a Fisher Price Little People I had as a kid.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Found a beat to shit BTS Dynamite set in the clearance aisle at WM. Usually $100, bought it for $65. The coffee shop and record store might squeeze into my town somewhere, or I can just use the pieces to build something new.
And maybe flip the minifigs and get some of the money back. I could give a shit about them.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i pulled the trigger on the Daily Bugle. i got some money for xmas/bday and i've been pining for this one since it was announced. it was backordered with a 60 day wait time, then the wait was reduced to "ships by January 19th" which is when i ordered it. after i ordered it, it was back up to 60 days. and yet it arrived last night! got the "retro food truck" GWP along with it.

started building it, only through #2 bags. now where am i going to put it?

LEGO now has the "4 biweekly interest-free installments" payment option (through paypal) which is like, the only way i buy anything anymore. i have a separate "discretionary account" checking account with a small direct deposit which i call "my allowance". as long as the payments align with the deposits, it's great! the list of things i've done that with in the past year via shop pay, klarna, or paypal includes
  • SaberForge lightsaber parts
  • Randolph Sunglasses
  • Inovelli Smart dimmer switches
  • Govee Smart Outdoor Floodlights
  • 2 pairs of Vans shoes
  • Creality K1 3D printer
  • LEGO Daily Bugle
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I also have the Retro Food Truck GWP coming.

I got the small Range Rover set, the new Sailboat, the new small Steam Roller, the Auspicious Dragon, and the Pirhana Plant.

I’m still waiting for the Loop Coaster to come back in stock. It says ‘temporarily’ but I’m beginning to wonder…
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Ran

Post by Ran »

I got the Interstellar Spaceship. You know how on the original Kenner X-Wing fighter had a feature where you push R2's head down and the wings moved? They did something like that on this ship. There is a button behind the cockpit that moves the tail thrusters.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Used my VIP points and got the Loop Coaster. The GwP is a micro build of three Classic Space sets.

There’s a new Medieval Town Square set coming out soon. It will go nicely with the Blacksmith set I got last year, and also my Medieval Market Square set from 2009.

vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

yeah, that micro space build is really a lot of fun! after my Daily Bugle purchase, I have $100 in VIP points, so might be time to catch up on the modular building series. I need Boutique Hotel, Jazz Club, and Natural History Museum.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Ran

Post by Ran »

My wife gave me the 1989 Batwing for Valentine's Day. I gave her the roses.

I have about 1200 points. I'll keep saving, but I have no idea what to get with the points.