How/where do you display your stuff?

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: How/where do you display your stuff?

Post by Tom Foolery »

Ran wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:58 pm I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for, but https://roguetoys.com/ have 5 figures from the Zola wave, and 2 from Dell Rusk Red Skull.
At some point I might go back and start filling in “holes” but for right now, I’m unpacking all the stuff I do have. Hunting down missing figs is future me’s problem.

I bought a bunch of bookcases to put in the front room to display everything on. I’m only thru half the bins, and I’m already running out of shelf space out there. I have some unopened deluxe figures that I unpacked when we first moved in, just to clear out moving boxes. But now that I’m getting stuff sorted and organized, some of that stuff might have to go elsewhere. Or back in bins. Things keep getting shuffled around. It’s a work in progress.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

The next bin! Mostly Marvel Legends(or Legends adjacent. Some of those Spidey rogues in the back are from the Spidey line, not actually Legends).
The first actual casualty is an Iceman figure. His crotch area broke and both his legs fell off. I think it was the plastic they used to give him his “icy” texture was brittle because I think I replaced him once before for the same reason. Not sure if superglue will do the trick.
All the Wolverines have warped claws. As is Gambit’s staff. They were using really soft plastic for them.
The Angels are way too too heavy with their wings. There’s a hole in his back but I don’t have the stand thing to support either of them.
That Ultimate Iron Man is a Marvel Select fig, I believe.
Not sure what that samurai Wolverine is.
There’s a few DC Direct figs there. The duck head on Bane was a joke that I forget the origins of, but I left it on. You can’t see him, but there’s a Penguin behind Bishop.
I’m pretty sure that’s the original DD and Spider-Man down in front of Deadpool. Like, pre-Legends very very first hyper-articulated Spidey that started the entire line.
That’s Lady Death from the Marvel Select Thanos figure in the back by the jumbo Apocalypse. Her “human” face comes off and there’s a skull under it. Also, the Toad from the very first Legends wave. He wasn’t very Legend-y. It was a figure from some cancelled X-Men line that they threw in to fill out the wave with Cap, Iron Man, and Hulk.
Hah I forgot they made a Man-Wolf.
That Morbius’ face was made of some weird soft rubber and while it was in storage, it decayed and bonded with the paper I was using as pack in the bin. I had to carefully separate it using tweezers, but even then it was pulling his face off.
I vaguely remember some controversy about that Red Skull chase figure. Like he was dressed like a Nazi and stores wouldn’t carry the figure so he was HTF at the time.
Way down in front there’s some random accessories I don’t know who they belong to. Like that hat, the sword, and a pair of glasses(hmmm…as I type this, the glasses go with the Prof. Hulk figure.)
And lastly, JJ Jameson can be reunited with his desk from the previous bin. Huzzah!

After this, seven more bins to go thru. But as I mentioned in the post above, I’m running out shelf space already.
Attachments
EAEEE339-6F2D-467B-A648-5FCC8BD7AAC0.jpeg
EAEEE339-6F2D-467B-A648-5FCC8BD7AAC0.jpeg (3.67 MiB) Viewed 383 times
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

The next bin had a bunch of DC Direct figures (to the left side) including a bunch of Black Lantern/undead, some Battle for the Cowl figs, a bunch of Lanterns of various colors, a few JSA figures(Stargirl’s arm broke) and some Arkham game characters. The Nu52 trio in the back( next to Spidey) had to be something my friend tossed in a box of comics he gave me because I wouldn’t have bought them on my own.
And mostly Mattel’s DC Hero line. I would not be shocked if two of the remaining six bins in the basement were also DC. That line rocked.
Blue Devil is also DC Direct but I got him to go with all the Mattel figs. The same goes for the Stephanie Brown Batgirl
Not sure what line that 5” Silver Surfer goes with. Or where his surfboard is.
GIJoe Lowlight is one of like five or six figs I got from the 25th anniversary line.
In the back is the one Marvel Legend in the bin; a Ghost Rider of some kind. And next to Quagmire is the Ghostbusters containment thing that came with Walter Peck.
The 4-pack of Marvel Legends is/was a SDCC Exclusive set. Technically wasn’t in the bin, but I’m putting them in this pic anyway.
Three random Marvel Select figs way in the back; Green Goblin, Lizard, Spidey; that I also didn’t purchase, so they were probably hand-me-downs.
Down in front is literally a bunch of rando shit. Winter Soldier giveaway keychains. A DC Comics clock that doesn’t work. A Predator’s extending spear. A vintage Artoo I think my sister gave me a few years ago that she found at a yard sale. A Kre-o Sideswipe. The fuck is that seagull?? No clue what that’s about or where it’s from. A Mjolnir that’s not in scale with anything else.
Kyle. Pikachu. A TF Targetmaster, but no idea from which figure. Cyborg Thor and Piledriver, two random figs from a line I did not bother collecting(??). And those little DC heroes that were Mattel’s answer to Hasbro’s line of SW, Marvel, TF and GIJoe HeroSquad.
There was also a ziploc bag of random accessories like weapons and stuff, but it looks like it belongs to figures other than what was in this bin.
Attachments
98C76CCA-C6CD-49E3-814D-AB8BC788159D.jpeg
98C76CCA-C6CD-49E3-814D-AB8BC788159D.jpeg (3.25 MiB) Viewed 366 times

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

In the front row to the left of the Green Lantern, there is a little figure with a gray moose or elk head. Is that a Battle Beast from the 80s?

That might be a pelican or an albatross instead of a seagull. It does seem pretty random, and I don't know enough about DC to even guess.

Low Light was awesome. For some reason, I think I have two: one from the single card, and another from a multi-pack. He has a ton of accessories, and some of them are really small.

The Captain America car is pretty cool. I still have a Captain America and Spiderman hot wheels where you can look in the back window and see an image of them.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Battle Beasts! Yes. Couldn’t remember the name of them. Also don’t know how I acquired this particular one as I never collected those either.
Also, behind the Battle Beast, you cant tell very well, but there’s a little bag. It has an all black MiniMates figure with the Ghostbusters logo on it. It was a SDCC giveaway I think.
I also have the Capt America van you’re referring to.
There is nothing on the bird like a year or company stamped anywhere to give me a clue. I don’t think it’s DC. I could try googling it, but ‘pvc albatross toy’ or something similar is a longshot. EDIT Ha. Someone is selling one on mercari that looks almost exactly the same. https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m888982 ... AjLTG6F1XE
But it has no details as to its origin.

On the counter behind everything is one of my cats. Spaghett. She kept jumping on the table and knocking over one figure, which would spook her and make her knock over more figs, which would scare her and she would bowl over twenty more to get away from the scary dominoes. :roll:

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

The next bin is like 95% DCU Classics. Or the pre-cursor waves. The Batman and Superman down in front on the left were from the pre-DCUC lines after Mattel jumped on the Legends 6” bandwagon, but before they figured out the Classics line. And there’s a bunch of Superman’s villains from those early waves towards the back, like Mongul, Bizarro, etc.
I have three Orion figures. I don’t know why.
There’s four DC Direct figures way in the back on the right, including a duplicate Deathstroke figure.
Not sure what the silver sphere on a stick in the front is to. A few random loose pieces floating around in the bin, but way less than other bins. The yellow pistols are to the Parademon, but the submachine gun is a mystery.
And obviously the three big guys in the way back are Legends BAFs that were in the very bottom of the bin.

There are five bins left, but after I move these figs into the other room, I think I’ve reached the limit until I can get a couple more shelves and rearrange some stuff.
Attachments
1BD8836F-3D77-4080-9C46-0CB717DE4C76.jpeg
1BD8836F-3D77-4080-9C46-0CB717DE4C76.jpeg (3.19 MiB) Viewed 210 times