Justice League

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: Justice League

Post by anarky »

jjreason wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:00 pm We started the new Harry Potter-verse movie tonight & he's in that too, so I guess WB really isn't shying away from him.
It pisses me the fuck off that they kept him and canned Depp BECAUSE AMBER HEARD IS A FUCKING LYING BITCH AND GOD DAMN THEY KEPT HER TOO!!
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

She sexy though. :(
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

jjreason wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:21 pm She sexy though. :(
Meh.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I got to see The Flash the other night. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

-Ezra Miller is surprisingly good, considering how terrible he was in Justice League.
- As shown in the trailers, Miller plays two versions of Barry and did a fantastic job making them feel like two distinct characters. Although younger Barry gave me big time Ted "Theodore" Logan vibes.
- There were some things in the film l expected, and some I things I didn't.
-The opening action scene is fun with some iffy CG. It feels like they tried to one up the Quicksilver scenes from X-Men with a dash of Deadpool ridiculousness thrown in.
- Some other iffy CG could be easily explained away as stylistic choice based on location.
- Michael Keaton is clearly having a blast playing Batman again.
-Sasha Calle is very good as Supergirl, but she could have used more character development time.
- PG-13 films get 1 F- bomb. The Flash uses theirs for one of the biggest laughs in the film (even better than GotG3). It's amazing.

ALL THE SPOILERS BELOW

Easter eggs and cameos:

- Wonder Woman shows up in the opening action scene as does.
- Aquaman (in the fun, but unnecessary post-credit scene).
- Jeremy Irons pops up as Alfred.
- Temmuera Morrison showed up as Aquaman's father. I just found out that was him. I didn't even recognize him or know he was in Aquaman (still haven't seen it).

At one point we get peeks into the Multiverse through the Speedforce and we see a lot of fun stuff.

Superman:
Henry Cavill - CG version pops up in the Speedforce.
Nicolas Cage - fighting a giant spider (of you know, you know).
George Reeves - still in black and white.
Christopher Reeve and Helen Slater - It was surpringly emotional to see him again and fun to be see the OG Supergirl again.

Batman:
- Adam West - not as direct as Christopher Reeve, but cool. We also hear Caesar Romero's laugh.
- Younger Barry finds the laughing Joker bag (from the end of Batman 89) in the Batcave.
- There's a great joke about the immobility of the Keaton Batsuit.
- There's one more that I won't spoil because it leads to that great F-Bomb.

Cameos that don't happen:
Linda Carter, John Wesley Shipp, Grant Gustin, Christian Bale, Robert Lowery, Lewis Wilson, Tyler Hoechlin, Dean Cain, Brandon Routh, John Newton, Melissa Benoist, and probably more I'm forgetting.
I get that can't throw every previous version of the big characters in, but to ignore the two previous live action Flash actors felt disrespectful.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I saw Flash last weekend. Diabolical’s review is pretty spot on.
Enjoyable. Iffy CG effects. Great ‘F-bomb’ joke.

It felt a shame that this was Affleck’s swan song as Batman as he finally got a decent, if brief, action sequence to BE Batman.
They should have kept the Keaton thing completely out of all the marketing. The reveal was diluted.
Sasha Calle looks very nice in her Super costume. Like very nice. :heybaby: But the character was left with very little to do except punch stuff.

Can we talk about how incredibly hard WB shot themselves in the foot by announcing James Gunn’s entire reboot while they still had FOUR films left in the pipeline??(Five if you count the Batgirl that got shelved entirely)
Because the Flash is tanking like Fan4stic levels. It did shitty its first week, then dropped 73% in week two. Holy shit.
Prematurely hyping the next thing before finishing off the previous thing is gonna end up costing them sooooo much lost revenue. Like, $1B?? If I were a shareholder I’d be beyond pissed.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

The Barbie movie has a fucking brutally hilarious “Snyder’ Cut” joke in it. Even if the rest of the movie had sucked(which it doesn’t; it’s a great movie) that dig alone would’ve been worth going for.

There was also a hilarious dig at the Godfather films, which was even funnier to my daughter and fiancee because I literally had just watched Godfather I and II on Friday and Saturday.

I’m going to Oppenheimer tomorrow, hopefully with my dad. Barbenheimer.

Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Did you know Aquabro 2 opens in 5 days?
Yeah, almost nobody does.
Almost no marketing and zero hype could mean a bigger bomb than The Flash and The DCU goes out with a whimper.
Ran

Post by Ran »

What's his name was on Expedition Unknown on the Discovery Channel last week. That's the only reason I even knew about the movie.

Black Manta looks like he's straight off of Super Friends, which seems strange because typically every character has to be re-imagined to be a movie.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Went and saw Aquaman 2 tonight. I surprisingly enjoyed its ridiculous over the top story antics. It felt like they tried to cram 18 movies into one movie, but the more I watched it, it was more like watching a six issue mini series in movie form.
I would say the DCEU ended with less of a fizzle and more of an irrelevancy. The entire DCEU ended up being LESS than the sum of its parts. There were movies to like, and parts of other films they got right, but mostly Snyder steered it wrong from the get go.

Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I've been seeing a lot of bullshit lists/articles about the DCEU now that it's over, and a lot of people are really slamming the Shazam movies.
They're basically DC's attempt at the Marvel style - lighter and brighter, tonally and visually. They've been the only two that I've truly enjoyed, even though Fury of the Gods didn't break any new ground (a standard, by the numbers sequel).
I know FotG bombed, but I didn't realize how hard ($130m worldwide on a $120m budget). In retrospect, it's obvious that you can place a lot of the blame on someone that wasn't even directly involved in the film - The Rock. His arrogant ego and insistence that Shazam and Black Adam not be connected ended up forcing the Shazam sequel to pivot and probably rework the entire film, which lead to surprisingly uninspiring villains (Helen Mirren and Lucy Liu).
It's too bad, since I've liked Zachary Levi since Chuck and I like his take on Shazam. I would've liked to see more in this series.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

We watched Barbie. It kept my attention a lot more successfully than I was expecting. America Ferrera has been quite good in everything I've seen her do, but she was great here. Really great.
"Something inside me....."