The Fate of Batman

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: The Fate of Batman

Post by Tom Foolery »

After 35 years, DC finally released the alternate version of Batman #428 where Jason Todd’s fate was decided by voters.
The book is 98% essentially the same as the original comic. The first half of the book is exactly the same, right up to the page Batman finds Robin’s body and checks for a pulse.
The iconic page of Batman holding Robin’s body is replaced with a smiling Batman yelling “He’s alive!”
Then the book returns to the previous original art, but a few of the captions have been altered where Bruce is referring to Shiela Haywood’s body instead of Jason’s. It is Shiela’s body at the funeral.
Then there is a page where Jason is in the hospital and Dick offers to help Bruce track down Joker, but he refuses. I’m not sure if this is just an extra page or it replaced a different page. I’d have to go check.
The rest of the issue is the same as the original where Joker taunts Batman with a message, and then Superman shows up to inform him that Iran has a new UN Ambassador.
It’s still cool to have it finally published after all these years.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”