Free Comic Book Day

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Free Comic Book Day

Post by Tom Foolery »

It’s the first Saturday in May! You know what that means? Today is Free Comic Book Day!!

I didn’t get anything.

Fuck you, Covid-19.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I wonder how this will fuck up the plans of all the publishers who have FCBD first chapters to crossover events.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

FCBD this year. I didn’t feel like digging thru endless boxes this weekend. Just wasn’t feeling it. But I went to four different shops and picked up the main Marvel and DC giveaways, as well as a dozen or so other free issues. Each shop was limiting to 3-5 per store, but one guy let me have 8, as long as I didn’t go crazy and take one of everything. I also spent a little $ at each place, but it was mostly filling in missing issues from the past couple months that had somehow slipped by.

The first shop I got the Fascimile of Amazing 129, and Venom 17.
The second shop I got a bundle of Superman/Authority 1-4 for $7, but it had the main cover of 1 and 3, and the variant cover for 2 and 4. Which is annoying to my brain. I also got Ghost Rider 12 and Shang-Chi 4 variant covers. I wanted the main covers, but that’s all they had.
The third store I found the regular Ghost Rider 12 and also bought a $30 blind box “worth” $100 but like last year it was stuff I already had or didn’t particularly want. Like a Disney keychain, a DC Multiverse figure of Bruce Wayne from the Batman movie(seriously? Peg warmin’ pos), a copy of Batman/Spawn, a couple variant covers of the Batman/Joker mini, and first issues of Scorched, Gunslinger Spawn, and King Spawn, as well as Spawn TPB.
The final store I found FF 3, Catwoman 54, and the Gotham Year One 6. I also got a Black Series Chewbacca for $25. I had found Endor Han at WM last week, and I just took his camo duster off. So now I have a Chewie to go with him.

It was a pretty meh haul overall, but I got the FCBD issues I wanted, so the outing served its purpose.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”