JJ Abrams new Star Trek movie...

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: JJ Abrams new Star Trek movie...

Post by Diabolical »

But the real benefit of Paramount+ is the glorious return of Beavis & Butthead.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I started Prodigy and it was rather good. I stopped not out of lack of interest, but to go back and watch it all chronologically (which is taking longer than expected since no one else in the family is interested at all). Still on OG ST, which is dated as hell but mostly holds up. The new CG effects mesh MUCH better than the SW Special Editions.

Paramount+ is one of the better services. The new Beavis & Butt-Head movie and series may actually be funnier than the original!
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Just started Discovery. Someone made an off-handed comment about a not seen character named Zaphod. Until proven otherwise, my head canon will assume it’s Zaphod from vynsane, and he and subsequently all of us, are in the Trek-verse.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

Tom Foolery wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:49 am Just started Discovery. Someone made an off-handed comment about a not seen character named Zaphod. Until proven otherwise, my head canon will assume it’s Zaphod from vynsane, and he and subsequently all of us, are in the Trek-verse.
We're in the Trek-verse? I guess it is better than just being the lousy fan-fiction universe I thought we were in.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Dibs on Seven of Nine.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Just read an article (on clickbait comicbook-dot-com so I'm not linking) that apparently a prequel to the Abrams universe Trek movies is in the works, set decades before Nero creates the splinter timeline.

So, would that make it also a prequel to every ST project aside from Enterprise and part of First Contact? Or does First Contact not exist in that universe despite happening earlier because the Next Generation crew is so important to first contact actually happening?

Fuck, time travel is confusing.