Hero Initiative

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Hero Initiative

Post by Tom Foolery »

I found a cool book in a dollar bin several years ago called the Spider-Man 100 Project. It was 100 Spidey covers artists had done collected in one small TPB softcover.

Today, I ordered a bunch of other softcovers. Batman, Wonder Woman, Fantastic Four, Captain America, Wolverine, Avengers, and X-Men. They also have Walking Dead, TMNT, Hellboy, Adventure Time, and Bloodshot projects, but I didn’t get them. There were also Hulk, and JLA projects they didn’t have for sale anymore on the website, so I’ll maybe have to track those down later.

But the money goes to the Hero Initiative, which helps comic creators with medical bills and shit, since the corporations exploiting the IPs created for them are shitty about providing assistance and benefits.

So I got some cool books and can feel good about it at the same time.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Hero Initiative

Post by jjreason »

I'll check them out. Sounds good.
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Hero Initiative

Post by Tom Foolery »

The books arrived today. And they threw in a bonus, presumably because I ordered almost $100 worth of books.
It’s a reprint of Thor 337, the first app of Beta Ray Bill. And it’s SIGNED by Walt Simonson!! How cool is that?!
Attachments
CE8CF14F-D175-4267-AD6E-619DC6A9660D.jpeg
CE8CF14F-D175-4267-AD6E-619DC6A9660D.jpeg (3.75 MiB) Viewed 609 times
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”