Shows other than Scrubs

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: Shows other than Scrubs

Post by anarky »

Eh, don't want to make a new thread for this, so I'll resurrect a zombie thread from the Mesozoic.

The family is watching Friends. I've never been crazy about it; didn't hate it, but never got into it.. it's not magically better than I remember it being. Just a generic sitcom that, yeah, in retrospect, is funnier than shit like Big Bang Theory or Two and a Half Men, but still no idea how it became such a phenomenon.

Anyway the reason I bring it up at all is I did sonehow forgot how incredibly hot Jennifer Aniston was back in the day. Jesus fucking Christ, she's like goddamn Mustafar walking in the room in every scene.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Her frequently erect nipples were literally the only reason to watch.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

They were all hot. You could literally pull the goalie with your eyes closed & whomever was on screen when you opened them right before the magic moment was wank worthy.

Except for Ross. He was fugly.
"Something inside me....."
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

We're alternating back and forth between Friends and Seinfeld.

I'm paying a lot more attention to one. Seinfeld is still one of the funniest shows ever made. It's fucking brilliant.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

I watched Friends from the beginning until 1999 when I left for Korea and never bothered watching any of the seasons I missed.

My older binge watched the whole series a while back and we got her the Friends Lego set for her birthday. I think she got a Central Perk mug and t-shirt for Christmas, too.

There are a couple commercials with Jennifer Aniston. She's still hot. One of the commercials came on last night while my wife was talking to me, and for a few seconds, I had no idea what my wife was saying.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

For whatever reason,(trying new shows out) I watched the first episode of Justified a month ago, and fucking loved it. Ive been bingeing it for the past few weeks.
Without any context, here’s a clip from season 4 that made me chuckle out loud. Nick Searcy is a treasure.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Ran

Post by Ran »

Since this thread mentions Miami Vice....

Someone made 2 minute clip showing 60 guest stars. I didn't remember half of them.

https://twitter.com/TSting18/status/1570893343185580033
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

At first I thought, "how the hell did they get so many big stars?" Then I realized most of them weren't famous at the time.

And I also remembered zero of them being on the show...because I never watched it.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Ran

Post by Ran »

The biggest stars at the time were probably Phil Collins, Bruce Willis, and Glen Frey. Kiss wasn't that big in the mid 80s, so I'm not counting Gene Simmons.