Anything good on TV this season?

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

vynsane
master of the universe

Re: Anything good on TV this season?

Post by vynsane »

yeah, Parks & Rec really takes off after they retooled the cast and added Rob Lowe and Adam Scott, and really start fleshing out the characters like Ron and Donna, etc.

my family has been bingeing Schitt's Creek. i had no interest in this show for a long time, but it's really excellent. again, you have to get through a couple of the very first episodes to really begin to appreciate it, as the main characters are nearly unbearable (but, that's the whole idea, really). seriously, though, another Eugene Levy/Catherine O'Hara vehicle? how could i not think this would be gold. however, Eugene's son in real life and on the show, and co-producer, Daniel Levy really steals the show.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Anything good on TV this season?

Post by Diabolical »

Schitt's Creek was great. We were in the last season when it became the Emmy Cinderella.
The characters grow on you pretty quick.
And its always great to see Chris Elliot.

(Also, Twyla, the waitress, is Eugene Levy's daughter - hard to believe the eyebrow gene didn't hit her)
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.