Ryan Reynolds is Hal Jordan

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Ryan Reynolds is Hal Jordan

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

That's funny about the Karate Kid because I was aware of the movies long before I was aware there was a Legion of SuperHeroes member which preceded Mr. Miyagi by a decade or more. I only heard of the LoSH Karate Kid in the last ten years.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I wondered for years why the credits mentioned he was TM & (C) DC Comics. And was never able to find a comic about him.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Ha! Now they're talking about Rebooting Green Lantern.

Jeff Robinov has no fucking clue. I swear, DC Movies should be almost idiot proof, and these guys continue to find ways to fuck up their biggest IP farm.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I bought Green Lantern on DVD in the cheap bin(for like $3.44 or something) awhile ago. Mostly because I’m a superhero movie “completist” and it’s just been sitting on my shelf unopened for months. Maybe longer.
Anyway, I opened it and watched it last night. I had forgotten a majority of the plot so it was like I was watching it for the first time. It’s still a turd. I reread my review in this thread just now and I had the exact same thoughts while watching it for the third time that I did the first time and had forgotten about.

But the reason I came here to post is that while we were watching it, my GF is seeing Tom, his sidekick/best friend in the movie and she goes “that’s Taiti Waikiki” and I’m like “no it isn’t.”
But I was WRONG and she was RIGHT. It IS him.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

Tom Foolery wrote:But the reason I came here to post is that while we were watching it, my GF is seeing Tom, his sidekick/best friend in the movie and she goes “that’s Taiti Waikiki” and I’m like “no it isn’t.”
But I was WRONG and she was RIGHT. It IS him.
HAHA, yeah, totally had no idea - but... he actually brings this up in the commentary on Thor: Ragnarok (which i happened to watch a bit with my daughter the other day). apparently the "shake weight" that Skurge is using in the opening scene is Taika's, and he bought it one night during a late night infomercial shopping spree while on the set of Green Lantern, so he counts it as the first cinematic Marvel/DC crossover.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Speaking of Ryan Reynolds, he launched his own streaming service.
Seriously.

MintMobilePlus
https://mintmobileplus.com/

One catch: it had only one movie - 2003's Foolproof - starring Ryan Reynolds.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.