MCU Topic

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: MCU Topic

Post by Diabolical »

Marvel has finally hired someone to write a Black Widow solo flick.

They probably saw the trailer for Jennifer Lawrence's Red Sparrow and said, "oh shit, we'd better get moving. "
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Boy, is that ever thinly disguised. I wonder if Marvel are considering any legal action.
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

jjreason wrote:Yeah it's likely the weirdest non-sequel/sequel ever. I still stand by the first Hulk movie, though the final villain & battle don't hold up. I agree - I'll take Eric Bana, Jennifer Connelly & Sam Elliott all day, every day. The CG Hulk is better than the Marvel one, too.
They didn’t want to rehash his origin story again for the Incredible Hulk Movie. The opening credits origin montage is actually an homage to the Bill Bixby TV series, and not a rehash of the Ang Lee Hulk movie. Although Lee may have also been inspired by the TV show. The South America stuff was just a wonky coincidence. The director wanted to have a favela chase, so he needed a reason for Banner to be living in the favelas and had nothing to do with the ending of the other movie.

The Hulk/Abombination fight at the end of the movie cracks me up because the military is flying around Harlem firing big ass chain guns which are clearly ripping through people’s apartments. The body count of that film is in the hundreds and it had nothing to do with either of the gigantic gamma powered creatures fighting each other.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I wrote a poem inspired by The Incredible Hulk, and I'll share it here:

Roses are red, violets are blue,

Edward Norton is overrated.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Ralph Kramden didn't think so.

"Norton, my friend, I've been watching you. And I know you've been watching me...."
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

God, that is still so funny today :D
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

*Curtains rise, commence phase two.*

Iron Man 3 - Silliness prevails. Tony & Rhodey debunk of the myth of the Mandarin & take down Killian and his Extremis cure. The big story doesn't advance at all.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

They dropped the ball on that Mandarin bullshit.

I’m still salty about it.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I had forgotten how much bad "patty banter" they left in. I had also forgotten about Pepper & Tony surviving the helicopter missile round through the mansion window. I hate people getting simply "blown back" by big, hot, military ordnance-style explosions - they'd be fucking vaporized. They pulled that shit with Poe in LJ as well and all he did was land on his back & rub his groin. ><
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

Tom Foolery wrote:They dropped the ball on that Mandarin bullshit.

I’m still salty about it.
i think it was the only way for them to do anything with the character without falling into WWII era 'yellow peril' racism, honestly.
jjreason wrote:I had forgotten how much bad "patty banter" they left in. I had also forgotten about Pepper & Tony surviving the helicopter missile round through the mansion window. I hate people getting simply "blown back" by big, hot, military ordnance-style explosions - they'd be fucking vaporized. They pulled that shit with Poe in LJ as well and all he did was land on his back & rub his groin. ><
hey, BB-8's head popped off, too.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

BB8's heroics in the first 5 minutes rival R2's entire OT contribution. And that makes it a bit silly. I love him as much as the next kid (BB8), but my goodness. I do need a little toy of the bad one, though. Now that I think about it.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Still a week behind on the MCU rewatch.
I watched a large chunk of The Incredible Hulk a few weeks ago, so fortunately I was able to start about half way through.
Thankfully, Hulk worked better as a guest star - I'm not sure I could take another one like this.

And I'm a bit salty myself about BB-8. He's a fine a character, but he's stealing Artoo's spotlight. Dammit.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

jjreason wrote: I hate people getting simply "blown back" by big, hot, military ordnance-style explosions - they'd be fucking vaporized. They pulled that shit with Poe in LJ as well and all he did was land on his back & rub his groin. ><
Duh. That's the subtle way to explain his massive schlong protected him.
jjreason wrote:I do need a little toy of the bad one, though. Now that I think about it.
I actually saw that set yesterday for the first time (I think). As much as I like Rose, that figure has some awful paint.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

jjreason wrote:*Curtains rise, commence phase two.*

Iron Man 3 - Silliness prevails. Tony & Rhodey debunk of the myth of the Mandarin & take down Killian and his Extremis cure. The big story doesn't advance at all.
Thor 2 - Jane is drawn into another realm & finds the Aether as the 9 realms converge. Thor takes the ring her to Mordor the Dark World where Malekith draws out the Aether and uses it in attempts at bringing back all consuming darkness. Thor & scientists foil the plot. Loki feigns his death & winds up on the throne of Asgard by the time Thor reports back & says he cannot be king before returning to Jane. Sif & Volstagg drop off the Aether to the Collector & the Infinity Stones are mentioned by name for the first time ("One down, five to go."). What happened to Odin? Guess I will just have to watch Thor 3 here eventually & hopefully find out. No spoilers please :)
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Thor: The Dark World is the weakest MCU movie to date IMO.

Sir Anthony Hopkins returns to play Odin in Thor:Ragnarok. That’s as spoiler free as I can make it. Exactly how that plot point gets resolved I shan’t spoil.