Football

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Football

Post by Tom Foolery »

For the record, I’m predicting Saints and Patriots in the Super Bowl. I don’t know if I mentioned it previously, but I wanted it out there before we get too deep into the playoffs. I made this call after Wentz went down.

It’ll be a showdown between #3 and #4 on the all time QB list for yards and TDs. And they’re both still active. #1 and #2 are retired.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

Poor Bills. Sounds like it was within their grasp. Sadly I was stuck driving my eldest back to school after their Christmas break, so I got to miss the entire game.
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

How do you feel about Alex Smith wearing a Bills uniform next season? There’s been chatter.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Ran

Post by Ran »

I wouldn't mind Alex Smith as long as they also draft a QB. From what I gathered, KC's choke this weekend was more on Andy Reid. Hopefully they can trade Tyrod Taylor. There was a guy on some national radio sports show. He said the Bills have probably gone as far as they can with Taylor. Anyway, according to the message board I go to, it seems most fans would be ok with Alex Smith next year. They were split on Kirk Cousins, and they don't really want Andy Dalton.

The national media gives Taylor a bit too much love. I don't think they ever watch Bills games. He doesn't let WRs go up and fight for the ball, which is why he never gets picked off. Yesterday, he just kept throwing the ball away.

I do hope he is ok. On the play he got hurt, I thought he broke his neck. The defender had his arm around Taylor's neck when he slammed him. He didn't move for a bit after the hit, so I was just glad he was able to get up on his own. His head hit the ground pretty hard, so he probably got KO'ed.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

He was getting slammed around a lot in that game. At one point, there were like 3 plays back to back where he looked like he got seriously hurt.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Again, no horse in the race, but I was kinda rooting for the Eagles just because Nick Foles was getting a lot of shit in the week leading up to the game and I wanted him to at least have a chance to prove himself.
The idea of a Falcons/Pats rematch was also intriguing if the Falcons had pulled it off.

I (along with everyone) will be shocked if the Titans upset the Pats.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Titans off to an ok start, but then the grinding down the Patriots started & hasn't let up at the half. I didn't expect Tenn to come back last week, and I don't again this week.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

It is pleasing to me that after Leveon Bell and other Steelers were bragging about beating the Pats next eeek and completely overlooking the Jags, the Jags are now having their way with them like Pittsburgh is a Filipino street whore.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I hate the Steelers & I'm not a fan of Steelers fans. This is glorious. Hopefully they can hold on. That defense may even give Brady a thing or two to think about for 15 minutes of game time.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I also hate the Steelers.
I dislike the NFC rivals like the Packers and Bears simply because they are the biggest impediments to Detroit’s success during the season.
But my least favorite team in the NFL...the villains of the entire league....fucking Pittsburgh.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I hate the Viqueens & the Packers worse than the Steelers but not by much.

I think I speak for everyone when I say 87 points was the expected total for Pitt v Jax. :eek:
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I feel like whoever wins the Saints/Vikings game is gonna have the upper hand against the Eagles despite Philly’s home field advantage.

Vikings winning and being able to play at home for the Super Bowl will make for a good story when they lose for the what, fifth sixth time?

Time to go look up some stats.

EDIT. Broncos have lost five times, but at least they’ve also won.
The Bills and Vikings are tied for second with 4 losses and no wins. I think we all remember the Bills had theirs all at once,whereas Minnesota has theirs spread it over the decades. Including losing on my birthday, literally while I was being born, back in ‘74 to the Dolphins.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Wow. I recall old footage of Fran Tarkenton & "Purple People Eaters" defensive plays, but obviously that's still before my paying any attention (my oldest memory of Superbowl football is Raiders v Redskins, Jack Squirek intercepting a screen pass & taking it to the house & Marcus Allen outdoing John Riggins - that was 1984). I hate to say the Vikings can do it, but I think they can do it. I'll be rooting for Drew Brees tonight big time.

EDITED: I hate the Vikings, but from a simple exciting football perspective that was pretty incredible. I also hate Philly, so I guess I'll have to root for the Vikings just so we can see what a home field advantage looks like at the Superbowl.
Ran

Post by Ran »

That last play of the Vikings game was insane. The Saints' DB that got burned must feel terrible.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Every defensive coach at every kids' football practice since the dawn of time: "Wrap him up!"