The current state of disarray at Marvel

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: The current state of disarray at Marvel

Post by Tom Foolery »

I like how Iron Man went legacy back with issue 500 and yet the numbers don't match up. Issue 527 was issue 530. That means issue 500 was issue 503. :roll: :lol:
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

Another mess. The only one's I'm carrying over the break are Thor (because I want to read it) & DD (to get to the even 600). Haven't found the infographic for DD yet.
"Something inside me....."
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Added the Venom one to my post on the previous page. Jesus H. Christ, that's a lot of series.

I haven't had my Hulk Box out in ages, but for whatever divine reason it was freed up by my need to access my Thor box. Comparing to the legacy list here's how I'm making out (TLDR - it's ain't great):

(Hulk 1-6 - fuck off Marvel they are cornerstones of your universe - have all 6 stories via Marvel Masterworks but they don't count.)

TTA 1-101 - have 80 - 101 via Marvel Masterworks (need the volume 2 which is 59-79)

Incredible Hulk 102-474 - I have owned some really glorious Hulk back issues (102, 103 & 2/3 Wolverine issues), but I don't any longer. I have the 102 thanks to MM, and a run from 377 to 474 with a few issues missing, and a few random issues older than 377.

Hulk 1-11 - yep

Incredible Hulk 12-112 - yep (some of these were the Bruce Jones issues - I got misty looking at the covers & remembering how much I loved that)

And this is where things go wonky.....

(Red) Hulk 1-12 - I have issues 1-19, followed by 40 and 41 of what must be the same series. After 12 they don't count???

Incredible Hulk 600 - 635 - I have 600..... and 635. That's it. Does not seem right.

Incredible Hulk 1-15 - I have issues 1 & 2 of this series but that's it.

Indestructible Hulk 1-20 - nope

Hulk (2014) 1-16 yep (sadly I have these - this was the terrible hulk shot in the head & still living business)

Totally Awesome Hulk 1-23 - I have 1-14 and got tired of the series, even though Amadeus Cho is usually fine. I don't have plans to go back & fill in the last 9 issues. If it was 2 or 3 maybe. If I find them in the dollar bin later I will likely grab them.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Added Black Panther. I'm doing ok on that front but nowhere near complete. Missing most of the Romita Jr and the full 2008 series.

Added Captain Marvel. I'm not doing anything near well here. And I would have considered myself a Danvers fan growing up. Ah well.

EDITED: Aaron & Ribic going to Avengers - now I understand why you posted earlier you're going to be getting it monthly, EP.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I was actually gonna get Waid's run. I just didn't like DelMundo's art on the first arc. And I don't necessarily dislike DelMundo. I liked his Weirdworld series. I just didnt think his style jibed with the story Waid was telling. But I picked up issues 8 and 9 and now I'm filling in the ones I missed.

But Aaron and Ribic on Avengers is good too.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

jjreason wrote:Added Black Panther. I'm doing ok on that front but nowhere near complete. Missing most of the Romita Jr and the full 2008 series.
I don't know how or where I acquired it, but I have the first issue of the Kirby series. But I'm missing 2-15.
I need issue 23 from the '98 series because...you guessed it... fucking DEADPOOL is in it. But I have the rest.
Full runs of the 2004 and 2008 series.
Missing three issues of the Daredevil spinoff series, which apparently had two different titles.
And issue 9 upwards from the current book.
Added Captain Marvel. I'm not doing anything near well here. And I would have considered myself a Danvers fan growing up. Ah well.
Have the full first series. And the second.
Missing two issues from her first proper Capt Marvel ongoing. One of the two that I'm missing happens to be Kamala Khan's 1st appearance, so good luck ever finding that cheap. :roll:
Have the second and third full series.
Could not muster the fuck to continue with the fourth ongoing. Have issue 0 and issue 1 and that's it.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I bought issues 0 & 1 of the latest series on a flyer but that was it. Gone like Jen Walters Hulk before I really gave them a chance to get going.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I also dropped PTSD Hulk after a couple issues.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

DD 21-25 - really good (as posted in the other thread)

Dr Strange & the Sorceror's Supreme - caught up to issue 10, I think there will be 2 more. Consistently good, this is one cohesive story that would have fit nicely into one of those OGNs.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

In November, Capt America gets its Legacy numbering with issue 695. I'll figure out the numbers later.

If anyone can redeem Steve Rogers after Secret Empire, it's Mark Waid and Chris Samnee. Both their Daredevil and Black Widow series were great. And Waid is no stranger to great Cap stories.

Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Waid and Samnee might be enough to get me reading Cap.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Yep, very difficult to NOT purchase Waid Samnee on anything at this point. DD graphic added showing the numbering, no surprises really after we saw how they added the issues from that original series to the Black Panther stuff instead.

Best I can do for Cap:

Tales to Astonish 1-99 (even though Cap didn't start until **) 1-99 = 1-99
Captain America 100-454 = 100-454
Captain America Heroes Reborn 1-13 = 455-467
Captain America Heroes Return 1-50 = 468-517
Captain America Cassaday 1-32 = 518-549
Captain America Brubaker 1-50, 600-619 = 550-619
Captain America Brubaker renumbered 1-19 = 620-638
Captain America Remender NAO 1-25 = 639-663
Marvel NAO Falcap 1-31 (but it's only up to 25 and seems to be over???) = 664-694
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Added Master of Kung Fu & Spectacular Spider-Man graphics. There was a Deadly Hands of Kung Fu series within the past year or two, which isn't included of course.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

jjreason wrote:Yep, very difficult to NOT purchase Waid Samnee on anything at this point. DD graphic added showing the numbering, no surprises really after we saw how they added the issues from that original series to the Black Panther stuff instead.

Best I can do for Cap:

Tales to Astonish 1-99 (even though Cap didn't start until **) 1-99 = 1-99
Captain America 100-454 = 100-454
Captain America Heroes Reborn 1-13 = 455-467
Captain America Heroes Return 1-50 = 468-517
Captain America Cassaday 1-32 = 518-549
Captain America Brubaker 1-50, 600-619 = 550-619
Captain America Brubaker renumbered 1-19 = 620-638
Captain America Remender NAO 1-25 = 639-663
Marvel NAO Falcap 1-31 (but it's only up to 25 and seems to be over???) = 664-694
Maybe instead of the Sam Wilson series, they used his first short series from before SW where everything got cancelled and relaunched (All New Cap) which lasted like 6 or 8 issues and the current Steve Rogers series.

Also, how is the Shang-Chi series from 1974, but the continuation of it, which seems to pick up the numbering exactly where the other series left off, from 1971? What bamboozlement is that??

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Could be. And I boned it anyhow - Cap & Iron Man were in Tales of Suspense (Iron Man starting in 39, Cap not until 59 yet somehow Cap kept this book and Iron Man got his own series), not TTA.