star wars "saga"

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: star wars

Post by anarky »

I can't stop laughing.

Still, they can't do fucking elbows and knees anymore, but Admiral Ackbar can give head to a fucking giant?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

Popped open my box of SW figures. One of my R2's that has light/sound has a dead battery in it. I should probably take the battery out, right?
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Yeah, I would think so. It will leak & ruin everything eventually :(
"Something inside me....."
Ran

Post by Ran »

Got them out. It was the mud covered Dagobah R2, I think from the Saga line. There were 3 other electronic R2s in the box ATOC and whatever the other two are. (Not sure why I bought all of them.) Those 3 still work.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

You bought them because they were R2 & thus fucking amazing, each & every one. ;)

EDITED: Except for that piece of shit 6" black series version. That one sucks.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Is the 6" Kanan Jarus supposed to be rare? I see people on FB groups talking about it like it's the new Artoo w/ holographic Leia. But the local WM, usually a scalper haven, has had at least four for over a week.

I don't want to ask on any of these groups or a collecting site, because I don't want to be slammed with requests to pick them up for strangers. (If he is indeed rare and any of you want him, that's different.)
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

New price for 3.75" Black Series up here........ $17.96. For one figure. Fuck that shit. Old Luke & Resistance Rey, if they show up, will be the only 2 figures I'd purchase at this price point.
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

It has been about 8 years since I stopped collecting. I don't regret it at all.
Sweet berry wine!
Ran

Post by Ran »

I saw some new Titanium figures. It takes pretty big balls to bring back a line like that. I don't remember it being very popular the first time around.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Holy shit. Had it been almost a year since anyone posted in here??

Toys are too fucking expensive. What used to be an enjoyable hobby turned into a meth addiction.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Ran

Post by Ran »

Tom Foolery wrote:Holy shit. Had it been almost a year since anyone posted in here??

Toys are too fucking expensive. What used to be an enjoyable hobby turned into a meth addiction.
Sorry to break the streak of silence on the Star Wars toys. It is kind of crazy that it has been that long considering that it is what brought us all together in the first place. Something something over Star Wars completely...

Here is what I don't understand about some toys. Walmart has their own line of military figures that take up a few rows of pegs. Toys R Us has almost an entire aisle dedicated to their military figure line. Yet GI Joe isn't at retail anymore.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I started collecting the 6" figures when they dropped to $10 in September. They're cool.

Those Titaniums are absolute shit that make the 1995 figures look like fucking high end statues.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

the Elite series? i have a bunch of them, but none of the face characters, only masked ones. vader, kylo ren, boba fett, stormtrooper (classic and first order varieties), and phasma. i think those look really good. i got my daughter the rey one, and was disappointed by the face sculpt.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Nah, The Black Series. A few missteps, but overall pretty solid.

I kept waiting to find one character that could be my only one if I never bought another. Preferably a masked character. Unfortunately, those tend to be the rare ones. I finally found FN-2187, Jango, and the first decent Phasma I ever saw, and they were ten bucks. I grabbed them, along with Han since I figured I could trade him. Liked them, kept Han, and have gotten a lot more since.

I'm not worried about getting the ones I missed unless I find bargains. Even uber-pegwarmers Greedo and Slave Leia are pricey on the secondary market.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I'm annoyed that i started late also.
Some of those early peg warmers would be great now.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.