FCBD 2017 - Did you go? What did you get?

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

FCBD 2017 - Did you go? What did you get?

Post by jjreason »

Yep.

Store B

Free Secret Empire, Dr Who & Attack on Titan

TPB: Fraction Hawkeye 1 & Alan Moore Swamp Thing 1

Store C

Free Pokemon

TPB: Runaways 1, Superior Spider-Man 1, Spider-Woman (first Hopeless/Rodriquez before they restarted it, so it's book 2 of the prior series)

Marvel Masterworks TPB: DD 2, Cap 2, Avengers 5

One more store to hit later, had to come home here as my son was here alone with GF and I don't need any further mouths to feed, fuck.

EDITED: I didn't catch them banging, thank goodness.

Store A: Free Barbie, Simpsons & Spongebob for Jodi to take to her class & TPB: Batman Court of Owls part 1.

All in all spent just under $100, and I'm pretty pleased with the perceived "value".
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: FCBD 2017 - Did you go? What did you get?

Post by Tom Foolery »

Duh. Look who yer talkin' at.

Here are the Freebs I got, in approximate aurebesh order.

Batman. Reprint of the Rebirth issue 1.
Betty&Veronica. Reprint of the first issue. Ironic, because only two issues have come out and it debuted last summer.
Captain Canuck.
Catlalyst Prime.
DC Superhero Girls.
Grimm Fairy Tales.
Guardians of the Galaxy. 2 copies.
I Hate Image. This looks fun. Scottie Young doing a What The--?! type satire of Image...for Image.
Keyser Soze:Scorched Earth. The..prequel..I guess?? ...it Usual Suspects.
Kid Savage.
Lady Mechanika. I had to double check because I think they put out a new one every year and the covers all look similar.
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. Manga. Reads right to left.
Malika Warrior Queen.
Rick and Morty. Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!
Secret Empire.
Star Trek TNG.
Steam Wars.
2000AD.
Wonder Woman.
Worlds Greatest Cartoonists.
XO Manowar

Store 1, I got a short box filled with comics for $35, and the only Drawer Box they had. I wanted more, but they only had one.

Store 2....apparently had a fire recently and I didn't know. When I pulled up it was all boarded up with fencing around it. So obvs I got nothing.

Store 3. Guy had a sale; 20 for $10. I bought almost 200 books for $100. Ended up not actually getting any free comics from him. But that's okay. Finished several runs.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

I'm not surprised to hear you ventured out. :lol: Shitty about the fire at the one place. :(
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Yeah, Tims Corner has been around forever. I have no idea what happened, so I'm gonna have to ask around the local community for dirt. If you can picture a store that was packed as full of comics being stuffed in every corner as possible, you're about halfway to what Tim's looked like. And he had fan art covering his walls and even the ceiling because he was running out of room. Every time I walked in there, there was at least three or four old timers who weren't even really shopping, they were just hanging out and shooting the shit about local sports, politics, etc. I cringe thinking that all that might be gone. And Tim was old enough, I can see him possibly not even bother reopening. Just take the insurance money and retire or something. Sucks.

EDIT Update! Apparently the antique store that shared the building with Tim had a propane tank explode. Tim has temporarily relocated to a nearby building. I will have to check it out tomorrow.
https://www.quadcities.com/columns/ryan ... explosion/
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”