Football

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Football

Post by jjreason »

Not a major change, more just an update. I'm relieved we can still see the outlines of their penises.
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Rather than taking the best TE or DE available (which are both needs for the team), Detroit goes with an LB. But even then, they don't choose the best LB available. Pffft.

Buffalo traded way down the list and picked a CB. I don't know what the Bills needs are, but I assume it's one of everything.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Ran

Post by Ran »

Tom Foolery wrote:Rather than taking the best TE or DE available (which are both needs for the team), Detroit goes with an LB. But even then, they don't choose the best LB available. Pffft.

Buffalo traded way down the list and picked a CB. I don't know what the Bills needs are, but I assume it's one of everything.
Every 4 or 5 years, the Bills have to draft a CB in the 1st round because they let the previous one walk. I'm fine with them trading back. They got an extra 3rd round pick, plus KC's 1st round pick next year. KC happens to have the 2nd hardest schedule this year. Bills needed more picks because they let a lot of people go. The CB they did pick was the 2nd best CB available. They could have had the best one, but, they need more bodies.

If you are referring to Ruben Foster as the "best LB available" when the Lions picked, I may have an explanation. First, he failed a drug test at the combine because of a diluted sample. He says he was just trying to stay hydrated. Most teams probably would have overlooked that. During the draft, Mike Mayock said Foster was falling because a medical report said that his shoulder was injured and it will probably need surgery.

On the NFL Network, Rich Eisen (who went to Michigan), had their people replay the Cleveland fans reaction to the Browns picking Jabril Peppers from Michigan. He loved that people from Ohio were cheering a Michigan player.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Embearassment, as per usual.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Chicagoland is collectively annoyed that their new GM shat away three picks to move up ONE SLOT and pick a QB that SF probably wasn't going to pick anyway.

As a Lions fan, I'm delighted Chicago's QB choices are Glennon and Trubisky. Better chances of us making the playoffs again.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

The Bears' GM had his Wikipedia page edited suggesting he was hammered and working for the Packers as a secret spy. :lol:
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I saw that. Fucking hilarious. His blood alcohol level was 3.86 or something. The Yahoo Serious line was funny too.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

The Bills fired their GM and their entire Scouting Dept the day after the Draft.

Well then.

Ran

Post by Ran »

The Bills needed to clean house. Supposedly the coach had a big part in the draft.

Also, I'm glad that the Broncos drafted Chad Kelly, who is Jim Kelly's nephew. Some Bills fans were hoping Buffalo would draft him. They acted like he would be the savior. He has had 2 big injuries and has "character issues".
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

The article said Buffalo's salary cap was depleted and I couldn't think of who on the team is making bank. McCoy? Watkins?

Overall, I wasn't displeased with Detroit's draft picks. They still need to pick up a veteran RB on the backside of his career in FA, just for some depth. I don't trust Abdullah to stay healthy. It always seems once RBs get injured, they are more easily injured going forward. That's a rough position.

Ran

Post by Ran »

The fact that you can't name the players that are taking up the cap space should show why changes were needed.

The Bills didn't pick up the 5th year option on Watkins. That is probably a good thing since he is always hurt. If he does play well, the team can use the franchise tag on him.

The Sabres also fired their coach and GM a couple weeks ago. I bring that up because I was reading twitter and saw someone post "Buffalo has permission to talk to Panthers assistant GM". I didn't know if they were talking about hockey or football.

Anyway, the same guy owns the Bills and Sabres and between the 2 teams, he has 1 head coach and no general managers. And, the head coach was just hired a few months ago.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

The Bills traded Sammy Watkins away to the Rams.

This will be Buffalo's 27th consecutive "rebuilding" year. Hopefully they can pull a Cleveland next year and turn all those draft picks they've accumulated into a team.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I have no excitement for the upcoming NFL season. About the only thing interesting is the initial wistfulness/nostalgia of seeing the Rams playing in LA again. Maybe I'll bandwagon for them this year.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Those trades don't really bother me at all. They weren't going to do better that 7 or 8 wins anyway. Watkins is constantly hurt. They got Jordan Matthews, just signed Boldin, and drafted a WR in the 2nd round. They are a run first team now anyway. Next year's draft class is supposed to have some good QBs, and now they have 2 picks in each of the first three rounds.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Boldin's a good get. I'm bummed Detroit didn't hold on to him. He might be getting old, but he came through in the clutch a lot last year.