So, what toys did you buy or get this week?

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: So, what toys did you buy or get this week?

Post by anarky »

I got the Arctic BAT and Baroness sets today. Paint on all thw Lady Jayes was awful.

Best part: I was asked to buy a warranty for action figures! :lol:

Also looked for Arcee and found Drag Strip and the first three Aerialbots instead. No clue why they're mixing the teams among multiple waves; looks like people could lose interest that way. They were on sale at Target and look a shit-ton better than advance photos, so I bit.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Not actually toys, but I snagged a Back to the Future DeLorean and a Rocketeer ornament from Hallmark for 50-60% off.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Cool. I never think to look for that stuff. ><
"Something inside me....."
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

The rocketeer is a limited edition I guess. Looked at three stores before I found one. I didn't even know they made a delorean until I saw it on the shelf.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Probably gonna regret spending as much as I did, but a week or two ago I found all of this.
Attachments
20150209_181910.jpg
20150209_181910.jpg (3.77 MiB) Viewed 2576 times
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Nice! Build a Groot looks wicked, and it seems fair that you didn't have to get Nova or Iron Dick to make him.
"Something inside me....."
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Not pictured: Nova and Iron Man.
anarky

Post by anarky »

My lack of interest in a Nova or Iron Man, coupled with the $120 price tag for Groot and simple fact that I know I won't be able to have the Guardians unless I have Groot, has prevented me from buying them.

That said, I finished Superion (inasmuch as Superion can be finished when Air Raid is unreleased and Drag Strip is taking his place) with the purchase of Powerglide a few days ago. Powerglide's gun mode is wonky and strange, but not horrible.

Seems odd that seven Legends cost $120, and one of those must be built from parts packed in with the other six, when Superion is made up of four of the best Transformers figures ever, one quite good (and larger) Transformer, and one passable (and smaller) Transformer, is an absolutely amazing figure with a far more impressive range of motion than has been typical of past combiners, and costs at normal retail $25 less. (And I got most of his parts on sale, so he was even less.)
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

I didn't buy him, but saw Marvel Legends Hawkeye today. Looking at the cardback, I just about shat myself to see the unmistakable face of X-51 himself, Aaron "Machine Man" Stack, staring back at me.

There are very few characters in the Marvel Universe who would entice me to buy an overpriced $20 figure with a piece of a build-a-figure I have no intention whatsoever of completing. Aaron is one of them.

Too bad he doesn't come in a series with Darkhawk and Sleepwalker.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I found 4.66 of the guardians together on the shelf. I'm sure only reason I bought them was because it was the first time I've ever seen Rocket and I had some extra cash.
I picked up Nova and Iron Man on amazon for less than half the regular price.
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

I recently got all the Guardians figures for the same reason—I finally saw Rocket. I didn't get Nova or Iron Man and haven't seen them since so I'll check Amazon. I don't need them but I can't have a half-finished Groot here.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I got both nova and Iron man for like $20-23 total on amazon.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I got Motormaster in the mail yesterday, finishing my Stunticons. And have built Menasor aside from one arm.

It's crazy that these were designed by the same people. Superion is a fucking work of art. Menasor is barely passable, bordering on "turd" status. And all because of stupid little design flaws in Motormaster. He works great as a robot or truck, but is uber-shitty as a gestalt torso. Many of his parts simply don't lock into place. His legs are made so they do lock into place, but aren't straight, making Menasor so bowlegged he can't stand. And Blackjack simply sits on two pegs, without even an attempt to lock him in, so he falls off the chest if Menasor is leaning forward, which is about the only way to keep the big guy from toppling over.

I can manage one pose. Granted, it looks cool, but I'd like some workable poseability like Superion.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I got Machine Man, CW Optimus Prime, and RiD Grimlock from some dummy today. The dude obviously didn't know what he had. Ha ha ha! I'm going to be laughing all week about how I conned that maroon--

Oh, Senor JJL, I didn't see you lurking there. Yeah, this guy was a genius to get rid of this shit, and I can't believe I was dumb enough to take it!

:D

Seriously, though, much appreciated, sir. I now have one of my favorite obscure Marvel heroes, as well as a way to display the Motormaster mold as the superior standalone piece it is without disassembling Menasor (who, granted, seems much better after the initial "this guy is no Superion!" wears off).
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

forgot to mention here, though i did post a pic of all the bags on facebox, that i picked up the LEGO SHIELD Helicarrier set. managed to actually only pay $50 for it with tax, because i had accrued $325 through a fitness program at my job. i also bought it during a 2xVIP period (which garnered me $35 in rewards instantly) and got 1000 extra VIP points for buying a damaged box version (another $50) so i actually made money on the purchase.

with the 2xVIP point accruals since last october i had a grand total of $185 in VIP point rewards, which i cashed out for the power functions needed to light/motorize the Helicarrier, along with the Pet Shop modular building (because it's next to be EoL'd and my daughter just decided she wanted us to start collecting them based on the Parisian Restaurant review copy i received).
Life is short. STUNT IT!