Shitty copies of expensive issues?

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Shitty copies of expensive issues?

Post by Diabolical »

Why don't you ever see them?
They can't be that coveted.

I'd pay like $25 for a raggedy ass Amazing Spider-Man #129 or Giant Size X-Men #1.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Shitty copies of expensive issues?

Post by Tom Foolery »

I see them, but the guy usually wants too much money for them. They only see it as whatever makes the issue a "hot find" and not the shitty ass condition it's in.

And nowadays, fuckers will "slab" a shitty comic and then jack up the price because it's slabbed regardless of what grade was given. As if the plastic hermetic seal around it is what makes it valuable.
Fuck I hate slabbing.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

I have a ratty copy of both ASM 121 and 122 (the Gwen and Goblin deaths) that one of the guys at the comic book store I used to go to gave me for free. They've been going around like that for some time, with the caveat that they are never sold and always passed along to another Spider-man fan... In fact, I've probably held onto them far longer than I should have. I just don't run into too many Spidey superfans on the regular, y'know?
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I imagine a lot of them are placeholders in collections, or people have them and are fine with that being the only copy they have.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

Maybe you could find shitty copies of X-Men Classics 1 & Marvel Tales of the Spideys you wanted for really cheap, but yeah on those key books it's like they have floor price of $100-200, regardless of what the guide says they should go for in that condition. Could you maybe post a wanted ad on kijiji? LF key Marvels, condition not important? or something?
"Something inside me....."