X-Men, X-Men Origins, Wolverine, etc.

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: X-Men, X-Men Origins, Wolverine, etc.

Post by Diabolical »

"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

My store owner mentioned this article too. What a fucking joke - they should be ashamed of themselves over that 75th ann poster/card set whatever the fuck else they have planned. FF1 started the god damned Marvel universe. :frus:
"Something inside me....."
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

finally saw DoFP - what a great way to bridge the original movies with FC. i'm not too bothered by Xavier's miraculous recovery from atomization since it's a time-travel/alternate reality story. for such a potentially confusing plot, it was so much tighter than ASM2. the scene towards the beginning where they were "explaining" everything to wolverine was a little bit to exposition-laden, i almost expected all the characters to just turn towards the camera and explain everything directly to the audience, but it got a lot better after that.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Sleazer
megatron

Post by Sleazer »

I liked this new one, too...a lot. Loved it. Still don't understand the numerous continuity glitches between the movies but whatever, I guess it's beyond complete repair. Nothing tops X2 though, still my favorite of the series. Nightcrawler is the coolest character from these films.
Wait a minute Diabolical, what is the "Nightcrawler fuck up" you referred to with X3? I'm not following...been awhile since I watched those.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Sleazer wrote:Wait a minute Diabolical, what is the "Nightcrawler fuck up" you referred to with X3? I'm not following...been awhile since I watched those.
I was just referring to the fact that in X-Men 3 he's not there or even mentioned, despite being in an X-Men uniform at the end of X-Men 2.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Jesus Christ, we just rewatched x1-x3 before DOFP came out & I never noticed that. :oops:
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

There was a video game that somehow explained it. Explaining key plot points in a video game tie-in is a no-no, though.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

Just watched X-Men 2 (well, I missed the beginning). In the Fox animated series, Cyclops seemed pretty cool, but in he movie he is kind of a douche.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I think he's acting extra douchey due to the major threat he feels from Wolverine - both in terms of usurping his team leadership role as well as his access to Jean's naughty parts.

Mmmmmmmmm, Jean's naughty parts. :beard:
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

also, cyclops is kind of a douche in the comics. always got a stick up his butt about something.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Gambit film has been confirmed. With Channing Tatum. And the screenwriter of the RoboCop remake.

I have to assume the soundtrack will be polka music performed by Paula Abdul in order to complete the circle of lame.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

They waited too long. Harry Connick Jr should have been Gambit years ago. Nothing against Tatum, he's actually been a lot better and funnier than I would have ever guessed (21 Jump Street is pretty damned funny and any GI Joe problems you have almost certainly aren't in regards to his performances) - but this seems like a stretch.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I'd take Channing Tatum Gambit over Taylor Kitsch Gambit.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

anarky

Post by anarky »

I'd take Gambit getting killed offscreen. :)

I thought Tatum was awful in Joe, but it could've been bad direction. (George Lucas and his infamous "faster, more intense" approach made even Samuel L and Natalie seem like barely passable actors.)
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Channing Tatum was hilarious in GI Joe. I think he was the only actor taking the movie seriously, yet his acting was still really bad.

He's actually surprised me lately. 21/22 Jump Street were hilarious and he showed some real acting potential in Side Effects.

The fact that he lobbied for the job is encouraging. He sounds passionate about it and wants to do something a bit different so it may not be just another paycheck for him. We'll see how it plays out.