Rockstar Games

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Rockstar Games

Post by Tom Foolery »

I can't believe there's no GTA topic in here. I was gonna title the topic GTA, but I figured RockStar has enough other franchises, it can be a catch all thread. Here are some of their games, for the uninitiated.

Midnight Club. Their car racing series. Never played any, but I'm not big on racing games (apart from MarioKart)

Red Read Redemption. The sequel to Red Dead Revolver. The open world/sandbox game set at the turn of the 20th century. It's GTA in the Old West. It kicks ass.

L.A. Noire. The open world/sandbox style game set in post WWII Los Angeles. You start out as a rookie cop and solve crimes, rising and falling through the ranks of a corrupt LAPD. Its GTA in 1940s LA It kicks ass.

Max Payne. Third Person Shooter series that introduced 'bullet time' to video gaming. I've only played MP3, but it kicked ass.

And lastly Grand Theft Auto. Robbery, Arson, Murder, and general Thuggery. It's Good to be the Bad Guy!! I briefly played the very first GTA when it came out (remember when it was birds eye view?) but didn't really play thru an entire game until Nico Bellic fucked up Liberty City(which was a fan-fucking-tastic recreation of NYCs five Burroughs) in GTA4.

Now GTA 5 just came out and looks awesome. I was looking at how many LA landmarks they've recreated in the new game. It's fucking crazy. Playing it will be like being able to visit my former hometown...and kill hookers and cops while I'm there.

I'm hoping this will drop to $30-40 before Christmas. Of the four games I'm wanting this holiday (GTA5, Assassins Creed 4, Lego Marvel, and Arkham Origins) I think I'd prefer this one the most. Only because I know the ridiculous amount of side missions, Easter eggs, and achievements Rockstar puts into it games means I would be playing this for a very long time. Enough for the other three games to drop in price by next spring (And if not, Tomb Raider is on the list as well).

But seriously, who doesn't love GTA?
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Rockstar Games

Post by Diabolical »

I really like the GTA games, but I typically get stuck at a certain point, get frustrated and quit after the 30th time on a mission (usually a stupid ass racing mission).

I played the original GTA back in the PS1 days - what a shit game, but they were cussin' and that was cool back then.
I have most of the PS2 GTA games (San Andreas and Vice City were my favorites).
I have GTA4 but didn't get very far. I got bored quickly.

Looking forward to GTA5 (eventually), but I ain't paying $60 for it.
NHL14 and Arkham Origins will get my money first.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

The mission that gave me the most trouble in GTA4 was definitely the bank heist that goes tits up. I probably tried it half a hundred times and when I finally escaped and finished it, the sense of accomplishment was euphoric. I was shaking. It was like playing the movie Heat.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Ran

Post by Ran »

Diabolical wrote:I really like the GTA games, but I typically get stuck at a certain point, get frustrated and quit after the 30th time on a mission (usually a stupid ass racing mission).

I played the original GTA back in the PS1 days - what a shit game, but they were cussin' and that was cool back then.
I have most of the PS2 GTA games (San Andreas and Vice City were my favorites).
I have GTA4 but didn't get very far. I got bored quickly.

Looking forward to GTA5 (eventually), but I ain't paying $60 for it.
NHL14 and Arkham Origins will get my money first.
I'll probably get NHL 14 around Christmas this year (hoping for a good Black Friday sale). I don't own an NHL game on PS3.

As far as the GTA series goes, I'm kind of in the same boat as Diabolical. I played all of the original on PS1 and all of the PS2 GTAs, including Vice City Stories and Liberty City Stories. I didn't finish one Liberty City. I have GTA 4, but didn't get far. Probably because I was getting tired of the genre after playing Batman and Red Dead Redemption. I can't even remember where I left off. Hell, I barely remember the plot. Come to think of it, the map was kind of annoying. The streets didn't flow and had weird turns.

I will get GTA5 at some point. I just don't have time to play games right now, and won't until December. It is supposed to be the largest map in the GTA series by far.

I've had Max Payne 3 sitting on my shelf since Christmas. I intend on playing it eventually.

Red Dead Redemption is a good game. I made it to Mexico, but haven't finished it yet.

Never played Midnight Club. I'm a fan of the Gran Toruismo series. GT6 comes out at the end of the year.

Someday I'll get L.A. Noire. Used copies are dirt cheap now.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Just completed Max Payne 3. When I got it, I thought it was supposed to be like GTA or Red Dead Redemption where you could go wherever you want. Instead, it was linear, but still pretty good. I didn't get stuck at all. The shootout at the end was great.

I found all of the clues on a couple levels and completed a few golden guns. I never figured out what the clues were for or why the golden guns were special.