The Perils of Having Too Obvious a Christ Analogy in Popular

anything that don't fit under any other category...like your mothers fat ass

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

The Perils of Having Too Obvious a Christ Analogy in Popular

Post by anarky »

Posted this on FB, then deleted it. While many of my friends might find it funny, I didn't want to set off another stupid war in my extended family, nor take the time to individually block everyone who'd find this offensive.

Blaster 20:20 Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Arcee went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance. 2 So she came running to Grimlock and the other Dinobot, the one Optimus Prime loved, and said, “They have taken our leader out of the tomb, and we don’t know where they have put him!” 3 So Grimlock and the Aerialbots started for the tomb. 4 They were running, but Blurr outran Grimlock and reached the tomb first. 5 He bent over and looked in at the cubes of energon lying there but did not go in. 6 Then Grimlock came along behind him and went straight into the tomb. He saw the drops of nucleon lying there, 7 as well as the cloth that had been wrapped around Optimus Prime's head. The cloth was still lying in its place, separate from the linen. 8 Finally Blurr, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside. He saw and believed. 9 (They still did not understand from Simon Furman that Prime had to rise from the dead.) 10 Then the Autobots went back to where they were staying.
11 Now Arcee stood outside the tomb crying. As she wept, she bent over to look into the tomb 12 and saw two Junkions in white, seated where Prime's body had been, one at the head and the other at the foot.
13 They asked her, “Woman, why are you crying?”
“They have taken Prime away,” she said, “and I don’t know where they have put him.” 14 At this, she turned around and saw Optimus Prime standing there, but she did not realize that it was Optimus Prime.
15 He asked her, “Woman, why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?”
Thinking he was Bumblebee, she said, “Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him.”
16 Prime said to her, “Arcee.”
She turned toward him and cried out in Lithonian, “Bah wheep granna wheep ninni bong!” (which is the Universal Greeting).
17 Optimus Prime said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to Primus. Transform and roll out instead to Kup and Ratchet and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God. Till all are one!’”
18 Arcee went to the Protectobots with the news: “I have seen Optimus Prime!” And she told them that he had said these things to her.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: The Perils of Having Too Obvious a Christ Analogy in Pop

Post by Ran »

At some point in the future, will a group of Autobots consider Arcee a prostitute even though none of the data logs say that she is?
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I assume you posted this because of Easter, so I'm going to hijack for an Easter-esque observation.

They showed The Ten Commandments the other night, like they do every year. At the end there's a big orgy and Moses shows up with the Stones and chides everybody Heston style. Then it says they wandered in the desert for 40 years looking for wherever it was they eventually settled down.

Now, assuming they eventually settled in what is currently Israel, and assuming they Exodused out of Egypt pretty much where Cairo and all that touristy Pyramid shit is...how could you get lost for forty fuckin' years? I'm pretty sure if you picked ONE direction and started walking you would lap the entire Earth several times in a forty year period. And that region they were confined to is relatively small. Not to mention the Mediterranean and Red Sea are both right there.

So, forty years of roaming in a space that's smaller than the Area of Maine kinda makes you look like a huge collection of jackasses. Thoughts?
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

pretty sure they didn't just walk in a straight line for forty years, they went from place to place to find a suitable homeland, but most of what they found hospitable was already occupied, so they had to move on.

then they eventually found brooklyn.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

Fun fact. If you're trapped in the desert and are walking your way out you will walk in VERY large circles due to your dominate leg making you slowly turn. So, if stranded, make a conscious effort to NOT favor your dominant leg or to just turn slightly towards the dominant side every so often.

The more you know.
Sweet berry wine!