How do I...

computers are cool - they are the reason you are here right now! Hopefully, JJReason can build one and prove once and for all, Canadians are somewhat intelligent.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

How do I...

Post by anarky »

...easily record the audio of talking text on a Macintosh?

I've got a simulation of Stephen Hawking rapping "Baby Got Back," and it's golden.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: How do I...

Post by Diabolical »

I use Audacity to record streaming music, but it saves as a wav file, so I then use another program to convert it to an mp3.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Hmmm.... I was hoping Macintosh might have a simple solution built into the OS. They seem to have just about everything else.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Found this on a forum somewhere, and am posting it here for reference.

Code: Select all

What operating systems do you use? On Mac OS X you could use the following steps (assuming you have a copy of Word, but don't have LAME installed):

1. Save the Word document as a plain text file (for instance, "speech.txt") to the top level of your user directory.
   2. Type the following at the command line: say -f speech.txt -o speech.aif
   3. Drag the file speech.aif into iTunes.
   4. Choose the Preferences menu item in iTunes. Click the Advanced tool, switch to the Importing pane, and make sure you're importing using the MP3 Encoder.
   5. Find the speech file in the iTune music library, select it, and then choose Convert Selection to MP3 from the Advanced menu. A second file named speech will appear in the library.
   6. Using the Get Info menu item in iTune, determine the path to where iTunes has stored the new MP3 version of your speech file.
   7. Copy the new MP3 file to a convenient location.
anarky

Post by anarky »

See if this works. Apparently, long text files can't be converted that way.
Attachments

[The extension m4a has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]