How to stop the goddamned Netflix pop-ups?

computers are cool - they are the reason you are here right now! Hopefully, JJReason can build one and prove once and for all, Canadians are somewhat intelligent.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

How to stop the goddamned Netflix pop-ups?

Post by anarky »

Serious question here, using Firefox. This happens both on the Mac and PC. I have all pop-ups blocked, and, occasionally, mostly on news sites, Netflix pop-ups (or, more often, pop-unders) appear anyway.

I searched for this, and it appears to be a pretty common issue, as an awful lot of people are reporting it. However, every time I find someone reporting it, no one seems to believe them, and says it must be malware. I scan regularly, and there's none. (I'm not even sure how much malware exists for the Mac, to be honest.)

So, obviously, I'm not the only person this happens to. It bugs the shit out of me. Anyone have any real info on this?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: How to stop the goddamned Netflix pop-ups?

Post by Ran »

I use AdBlock Plus. It is on the firefox website. I never see ads. Occasionally, it will block something I need, but you can change the settings to allow certain sites.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865