Police to test older Taser stun guns

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Newsbot
Official anchor of the vynsane 5 o'clock news

Police to test older Taser stun guns

Post by Newsbot »

Code: Select all

OTTAWA (Reuters) – The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said Tuesday they would test 24 Tasers bought before 2006 after a media investigation suggested older models of the stun gun could fire excessively large electrical charges.

The RCMP -- under increasing pressure over its Taser policy -- said in June it would curb the use of the weapons, which are made by U.S. firm Taser International Inc.

"The RCMP has undertaken a review of its national inventory of conducted energy weapons (CEWs) and has identified 24 Taser Model X-26 units acquired by the RCMP prior to January 1st, 2006. It has directed that these units be removed from service and undergo testing," the Mounties said in a statement.

Last week the Canadian Broadcasting Corp aired an investigation into 44 X-26 units used by U.S. agencies and said independent tests showed four of them fired charges up to 60 percent greater than the supposed maximum. All four were made before 2005.

An official Canadian report made public in September said the Mounties did not do enough research on the dangers of Tasers before they approved the weapons for use.

Last year, Polish immigrant Robert Dziekanski died at Vancouver's airport during an incident in which he was jolted several times by police Tasers and then physically restrained.

The Taser incapacitates people through a 50,000-volt jolt of electricity. Police say they are needed as a non-lethal alternative to firearms.

Critics say the weapon's use has been linked to more than 290 deaths in North America since 2001, and not enough is known about potential health risks, such as heart failure.

Taser says there is no evidence the weapon caused any of the deaths.

If you would like to be part of the testing, please contact your local RCMP.
Putting the broad back into broadcasting.
Jargo
christopher walken

Re: Police to test older Taser stun guns

Post by Jargo »

please please someone use one on sarah palin....
I have never read any of your posts, but from what I can learn I should say that for people who like the kind of posts you deliver, they are just the kind of posts such people like.
Whatevah!
Osculum mihi asinum!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

jj, what's your take on this, as a first-hand tester?
Life is short. STUNT IT!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

I bet if you shot 100 people with tasers and 1 person dies, it's better than shooting 100 people with a firearm, in which case 99 people die.

Fucking statistics. :???:
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

RoIIo Tomassi wrote:I bet if you shot 100 people with tasers and 1 person dies, it's better than shooting 100 people with a firearm, in which case 99 people die.
Not if you shoot 'em in the ass.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I'm sure cops politely ask perps to turn around and expose their buttocks all the time during the commission of crimes.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
Jargo
christopher walken

Post by Jargo »

I've always wanted a taser to play with. not one with such huge power surges but one with a good enough snap to it.

cattle prod would work too. bit long though.

maybe one on a pole with a very low voltage would be good for stinging people and making them jump kinda like the ones you get in desk toys and kids games. more of a zing than a wallop. something you could take with you to spectator sport and have fun with in the crowds.

y'know i can't remember if the UK police use tasers or not. they might have opted for the guns instead coz they seem to be quite trigger happy with non caucasians.
I have never read any of your posts, but from what I can learn I should say that for people who like the kind of posts you deliver, they are just the kind of posts such people like.
Whatevah!
Osculum mihi asinum!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

Jargo wrote:I've always wanted a taser to play with. not one with such huge power surges but one with a good enough snap to it.
you should get an EMS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic ... timulation

one of my friends had a neck injury so she couldn't work out and the doctor prescribed one of these as a stopgap solution. we each took turns with it. it was weird.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Orbsah Stealth Ninja
2008 Erection Covelage collespondent fol vynsane 5 o'crock newls

Post by Orbsah Stealth Ninja »

vynsane wrote:jj, what's your take on this, as a first-hand tester?
jjleason want to be ninja. He no need Tasel. He use ninja swold and tlowing stals.

Arr hair Douche! OYES!
No mo yankee my wankee!