Pirates of the Carribean

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I'll agree with you that the stupid dog joke wasn't funny the second time, and that the two gay pirates should've stayed dead.

But that's about it.

C'mon, you have to at least admit the knock-down drag-out swordfight on the island was a dozen times better than that said, pathetic little brawl in ROTS that was supposedly going to be the best swordfight ever preserved on film... I mean, on a hard drive. :)
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

I don't really remember the swordfight itself too much, just that Keira was busy ruining it for me by pretending to faint a hundred different damn times.

Maybe I'll have to see it again all the way through sometime. Dunno.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

Nice sticking to your guns, Senor. I didn't like the 2nd one NEARLY as much as the first.... but I'm holding on to hope that ROTS errrr ATEOTE will redeem part 2 much like Matrix:Revolutions did Matrix: Reloaded, right?

Wrong. The third Matrix was WAY worse than part two, which was way worse than part one. If that happens to POTC (which it's going to), that'll be too sad for words (which it will). :cry:
"Something inside me....."
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

Fuck you too JJ
anarky

Post by anarky »

Et tu, JJ?

I just called the local cops, who are especially helpful in these cases, and reported that you stole a Yam-Faced Grievous that I put in a box and sent to you. You're going down!

Pirates-hating unclefucker. :mad:
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Post by Eternal Padawan »

And so the lines are drawn...again.
"Say Jim! WHOOOO! That is a bad outFIT! Whooo!"--Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." --Megatron,Transformers: The Movie
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

jjreason wrote:Wrong. The third Matrix was WAY worse than part two, which was way worse than part one. If that happens to POTC (which it's going to), that'll be too sad for words (which it will). :cry:
For the Matrix, I liked Reloaded quite a bit at first, and I absolutely HATED Revolutions. It took a few years before I was able to rewatch Revolutions, and it was slightly better than I remembered, but still not great. Part of it was that, much like the Pirates films, they started focusing on secondary characters that I didn't give a shit about. Plus, there's the whole psychology-freaky-deaky aspect to the first one that they kind of dropped or fucked up in 2 and 3 but made 1 really special.

Speaking of shitty sequels, I also fucking hated Terminator 3. "No fate but what we make for ourselves - just kidding, there's nothing you can do about it, and the world just blew up." :roll:

Not to keep bringing up random shit from DMC I didn't like . . . but, I didn' tlike the fact that so many of the "bad" characters from COTBP (like Pintel, Ragetti, and now Barbossa) were so willingly accepted in with the "good" guys just to keep them around. IIRC, that's what happened with Iago in the straight-to-video Aladdin sequels, and even at a young(er) age I thought that was totally gay.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Well, they ARE pirates, after all.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

The huge redeeming moment for me in DMC was Barbosa walking down the stairs at the end.

I mean come on... are we REALLY supposed to think Jack's dead? Retarded.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

Senor JabbaJohnL wrote:For the Matrix, I liked Reloaded quite a bit at first, and I absolutely HATED Revolutions. It took a few years before I was able to rewatch Revolutions, and it was slightly better than I remembered, but still not great. Part of it was that, much like the Pirates films, they started focusing on secondary characters that I didn't give a shit about. Plus, there's the whole psychology-freaky-deaky aspect to the first one that they kind of dropped or fucked up in 2 and 3 but made 1 really special.
they didn't drop anything in 2 - the second was MUCH more philosophical and psychological than either of the other two. that was why the third was SUCH a let-down: they answered not one of the questions posed in the second one, and thus made the entire trilogy kind of useless.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

I'm with JJ and the boy- I couldn't even get "into" the first film, so my interest in this next one is not so much :mabs:

And I know it's blasphemy, but there it is eh??

:ducks:
Vince, NO!!!!!

I just ripped off most of your pubes!!
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

THERE WAS ONLY ONE MATRIX MOVIE! :x :evil:

The First POTC movie rocked so much because it had nothing to live up to. If somebody came and told you that Jerry Bruckheimer had hired the director of Mouse Hunt to make a movie based on Disney's Pirates ride, you would have laughed yourself silly. But then it came out and you walked out of the theatre going "That was fucking brilliant!" So the second one had a lot to live up to. I think that if the second one had been the first one, you would have thought it kicked just as much ass. And the third one will kick whatever's left of your ass after the first to ass kickings.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Maybe, but what got me :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: in the 2nd one was the stupid Jack-on-a-stick routine with the fucking fruit, and then him falling down the cliff and having the stick save him. For some things I can suspend disbelief and go "Oh Snap!!!", for others I can't.
anarky

Post by anarky »

It's Johnny Depp.

Just accept it.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

I walked out of the first movie and said out loud "Johnny Depp should win an Oscar."