Superman

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: Superman

Post by anarky »

True. But I'm still hoping they can pull this one off.

Wonder Woman is such an absolutely lame character, they could totally do the MCU thing and strike real gold with her.

(And I know that this is one of the few places I can say Wonder Woman is lame as hell and everyone will know it's not a sexist comment, because it has nothing to do with her gender and everything to do with her being lame as hell.)
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

Greg Rucka's run following Rebirth has been ok. I'm sticking with it until the Year 1 segment is finished, another issue or two.
"Something inside me....."
Ran

Post by Ran »

Right now on two different channels , one is showing Batman vs. Superman and another is showing the documentary 'The Death of "Superman Lives": What Happened?'. Is that weird?
anarky

Post by anarky »

That's so weird, reading the sentence made me gay.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Honestly, the only thing this trailer does for me is make me semi-excited for the eventual Aquaman movie. Only because Jason Momoa looks like he's having fun playing Aquaman. The rest is a mix of bleh and yawn. I would like Disney to purchase DC away from WB so we can get some decent DC movies. Right after they purchase Hasbro and give us good Transformers movies.

"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Justice League director Zack Snyder's daughter committed suicide back in March. Because of this he and his wife, a producer on Justice League, have stepped away from the film to be with their family and process their grief. Condolences and prayers to them and their family. Can't even begin to process the heartache of losing a child. Especially like that.

JOSS WHEDON has stepped into the director's role to finish up the reshoots and post-production. Holy. Shit.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

While it is indeed horrible news for the Snyder family, Whedon is not coming in to make it a Whedon picture. They plan on making this a seamless transition, as if Snyder did it all himself.

Although its a shame that he had to bring this private news out into the public. Today's news/media never would have let this slide as a "personal reasons" decision. They would have screamed that Snyder was fired and replaced by Whedon and all that nonsense.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I think the only way Whedon agrees to this is Snyder asking him personally. Wonder Woman sounds like it has some appeal based on the reaction articles, so maybe DC will finally turn the corner here.
"Something inside me....."
anarky

Post by anarky »

Whedon and Snyder seem like they'd somehow cancel each other out.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

The third trailer. Definitely some Whedonesque dialogue in this one.
If this sentence makes any sense, I am looking forward to this movie, but I am not excited for it.
If I'm let down, I will have been expected to be let down. If I'm not, then it's a bonus.
Zero expectations, other than seeing the League on the big screen. And not even the full league. Needs more Green. Arrow, Lantern, And J'onn.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Justice League failed to crack $100M opening weekend.

It’s pulling a 39 on Rotten Tomatoes.

I’m going to see it this afternoon. Again, zero expectations.

Okay, well not zero. I’m expecting it to fall somewhere between BvsS’ “holy shit this was stratospheric levels of awful” and Suicide Squad’s “meh, that was a diverting two hours but I can’t recall anything about the movie apart from Harley’s ass” but closer to the latter.

Will return with thoughts later.

Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Last night I saw a movie where a mysterious space cube opens a doorway from parts unknown and delivers a villain who claims the Earth is his and a group of diverse heroes (including a rich guy and a God) unite to fight aliens and save Earth.
But enough about The Avengers, I saw Justice League last night.
Probably the best DC movie so far, but thats not saying much. Wonder Woman would be the best if the first half weren't damn boring. Plot holes galore.
DC is doing better on getting Batman right. Superman is a big step forward. Wonder Woman is still really good.
Aqua Bro was horrible. Swiss Army Cyborg must have left a ton on the cutting room floor. There's a far better Flash on tv, more annoying than scene-stealing funny.
Overall, not bad. DC still needs to do a lot of work.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I enjoyed it. There were enough kewl moments in the movie that I felt I got my entertainment dollar’s worth. But there wasn’t any moment like I got when I saw Avengers where I thought “holy shit I’m watching a Justice League movie!” But there were still some good “hero” moments for every character.

The complete tonal shift between Snyder’s stuff and Whedon’s stuff was distracting. A lot of the Barry banter was clearly Whedon. Which makes me wonder how much “duller” the first version of the film was.

And OHMIGOD the CGI face during the Superman reshoots was so fucking godawful. In case you guys didn’t know, after Henry Cavill finished JL, he went off to shoot the next Mission Impossible movie where he’s the bad guy, and he’s rocking a bad guy beard. When he had to come back for extensive JL reshoots, the M:I producers wouldn’t let them shave his beard, so they “removed” it digitally. And it’s painfully awful and obvious in those shots. And it’s the first scene of JL so it becomes apparent right from the beginning of the film, and then you’re aware of it and notice it in every subsequent shot it shows up in.

The villain was largely forgettable. Probably because you know he’s just a filler for his boss in whatever sequels they have planned.

I think the movie was such a major improvement over BvsS that I’m giving it a lot of leeway, even though it’s probably not as great a film as it could’ve been.

The mid credits sequence was a cute nod to fans. I didn’t stay to see if there was anything at the very end.

I give it above “meh” but it falls short of what the first live action Justice League movie should’ve aspired to.

Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I was looking for the CG'ed shave that gave Supes, but I didn't really notice it. Maybe I was looking too hard.

There was a pretty good scene after the credits. In prison they discover Luthor has escaped. Cut to a massive yacht in what looks kinda like a European/Spanish harbor. Lex is of course on the yacht. A smaller boat drops off a guest: Deathstroke, in full armor. Lex welcomes him and spouts off on his idea that since the capes have their own League that he thinks he should have one too.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Diabolical wrote:I was looking for the CG'ed shave that gave Supes, but I didn't really notice it. Maybe I was looking too hard.

There was a pretty good scene after the credits. In prison they discover Luthor has escaped. Cut to a massive yacht in what looks kinda like a European/Spanish harbor. Lex is of course on the yacht. A smaller boat drops off a guest: Deathstroke, in full armor. Lex welcomes him and spouts off on his idea that since the capes have their own League that he thinks he should have one too.
Aww. Dammit. That would’ve been cool to see. He’s my favorite DC character.