Superman

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Superman

Post by jjreason »

It's sad to me that he's actually a bad movie maker. As I've said a billion times here & elsewhere, I absolutely love Watchmen. I was holding out hope that the last Superman was just a mild down turn (I didn't hate it as much as some folks) and that this would be a good movie - but it turns out Watchmen is the outlier & he's just another Michael Bay. What a disappointment.
"Something inside me....."
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I thought all Super Friends trailers in the middle of the flick were all shit.
Cyborg looked like something from a Syfy movie.
We have the perfect Flash on tv.
Snyder should direct Aquaman, since the whole thing is apparently in slow motion.

And then there's the logos...
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Zach Snyder seems to hate Superman because he's barely a character. No development whatsoever.

Batman has Punisher War Zone syndrome, where the writers/director took a look at s bunch of comics and said "Ooh, that looks cool, let's put that it," without ever understanding the character.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Jeremy Irons was actually pretty good - but there didn't seem to be enough of an age gap between he and Batman or something. The one sequence/thread whatever I thought worked ok was Bruce at the party trying to steal the data while keeping tabs on WW - that was James Bond-y and made sense.

But yeah - terrible borrowing of panels from here & there, using them out of context spoils the impact.

The other heroes were introduced so briefly, I'm not even sure why they chose to spend time on it here. Either give us a bit more or leave it alone - the LAST thing I want to suffer through is a director's cut of this movie to see what they actually wanted us to see about the others - there must have been more.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

The teaser trailers (because that's what they were) should have been a post-credit sequence.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I waited until the credits were over for nothing. That would have been cool.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

After 3 hours of dreck, I'm not sure I wouldve stayed for a post credits stinger.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

Tom Foolery wrote:Because David Ayers and Zach Snyder are totally different directors, I'm trying to give Suicide Squad its own space to be its own movie.
oh, i'm not criticizing David Ayers, i'm criticizing WB. he didn't order the reshoots, they did. they didn't learn the lesson when everyone criticized MoS for being too mopey, morose and monochrome, not to mention the off-base characterization of Superman, and went full-steam-ahead with the same into BvS. but Suicide Squad gets significant reshoots and rewriting because of positive reaction to the use of Bohemian Rhapsody in conjunction with criticism of BvS, instead of switching gears on Justice League all-together.
But BvS has totally screwed the DC movieverse before it even got started. I can't fathom how WB is comfortable giving Snyder another $250-300 million to ruin Justice League which starts shooting in like 5 days. But they are.
because denial and hubris are powerful things. someone high up in the WB pantheon is so butthurt about how bad their decisions have been that they can't admit going back to the drawing board is a good idea. after three mediocre to awful movies, Sony finally came to their senses and said "hey, maybe we should partner up with a company who knows what the fuck they're doing with these characters..." but it looks like WB is just going to keep driving into the same dreary, monochrome brick wall.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Ran

Post by Ran »

Diabolical wrote: Cyborg looked like something from a Syfy movie.
Something about this statement just cracked me up.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Wonder Woman and Justice League trailers from comic con. It won't let me embed them.

The Wonder Woman trailer was slow for the first couple minutes, but the last minute or so of kickassery has me interested.

The Justice Legue trailer looks they crammed all the "funny" parts into it, as if somebody bitched the last movie was a fucking pill. Cyborg looks gadawful. And Flash looks like a mighty morphin power ranger.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Ran

Post by Ran »

Is Wonder Woman supposed to be that similar to Captain America?
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Saw Suicide Squad today. I don't know if my bar was set super low because of BvS, but I was entertained. It wasn't great or anything, but I liked it.
I didn't read any of the reviews until after and didn't realize it had such a shitty rating on Rotten Tomatoes. There was some really harsh reviews. Oh well.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Apparently it set a record for August openings. Reviews be damned.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I guess this is the default DCCU thread, so I'll say something I never expected to say:

The trailers for Wonder Woman look fucking great. She is among the dumbest characters in comic history, the DCCU is almost unwatchaby grimdark, and, yet, this movie looks awesome.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I really don't want to get my hopes up because the rest of the DCEU has been underwhelming. MoS was underwhelming, BvS was flat out rancid, and Suicide Squad was a mediocre diversion.
And that's not even bringing up Green Lantern, Jonah Hex, Catwoman and the litany of other misfires DC has shit at us.