Top Summer Film of 2020

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

I’m Barbara Walters and this is 2020

Black Widow
25%
Fast and Furious 9
No votes
Artemis Fowl
No votes
Wonder Woman 1984
75%
Top Gun 2:Beach Volleyball
No votes
Free Guy
No votes
Ghostbuster 3(or is it 4?)
No votes
Tenet
No votes
Jungle Cruise
No votes
Morbius
No votes

Total votes: 4

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Top Summer Film of 2020

Post by Tom Foolery »

The last time I went to a theater was back in Feb or March when we went to see Onward( and then Disney+ released it streaming like a week later, so thanks Disney).

We went and saw Tenet this afternoon in the IMAX. Besides the three of us, there was like five other people in the auditorium.

First off, Christopher Nolan needs to seriously work on his sound mixing skills, because this movie is so fucking LOUD we couldn’t understand the dialogue half the time because the ambient sound/music was obnoxiously loud. And since there’s a lot of science bullshit explaining the plot, not to mention a quickly moving spy conspiracy plot line, we were like “WTF is going on?” for about the first 45 minutes. Also, the science, while clever, was also just vague enough that it did what it needed to do to further the plot, without hampering it with anything resembling consistency.
I think I would need to rewatch it in my living room with the subtitles on and the benefit of knowing the “twist” in order for me to give it a good review.
I’m pretty sure it was a decent movie, that was just presented poorly by the director and his decibel fetish.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”