Video Game Movies

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Video Game Movies

Postby Ran » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:00 pm

I couldn't find a topic on this, probably because none of the movies were good enough to warrant a thread.

This weekend one of the Mortal Kombat movies was on TV. It must have been the sequel because there was an abundance of cheesy CGI in it. The dialog wasn't any better. It made me glad that Hollywood was over their video game movie kick from the 90s and early 2000s. In the past, I may have claimed that the original Mortal Kombat was the only video game movie that was watchable.

Then, today I saw that The Rock is starring in "Rampage" which is based on the old video game. The game had no plot other than there were up to three monsters smashing random cities. The Rock was also in the Doom movie. I only saw part of that one because I didn't feel a need to find out how it ended.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Video Game Movies

Postby Tom Foolery » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:03 pm

Hijacking this topic. Big whoop. Wanna fight about it?

"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Postby Ran » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:15 pm

Oh yeah? Well I'm going to hijack your hijack and post an article about someone building a real-life Mario Kart race track in Niagara Falls.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/niagara- ... karts.html

Am I going crazy or does every other movie trailer seem to use either Sabotage or Intergalactic?

vynsane
master of the universe

Postby vynsane » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:25 pm

Ran wrote:Oh yeah? Well I'm going to hijack your hijack and post an article about someone building a real-life Mario Kart race track in Niagara Falls.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/niagara- ... karts.html

huh... had no idea there was such a cool go-kart place in Branson, MO. we'll be passing through there on this year's roadtrip. i'll have to pass it by the missus.

Am I going crazy or does every other movie trailer seem to use either Sabotage or Intergalactic?

yeah, but since everything in the LEGO movies is tongue-in-cheek, this one gets a pass.
Life is short. STUNT IT!

Return to “movies”